Sonic Electronix

So basically I need a sub amp and a receiver? Or would it be possible to power it all off the receiver, like my friend did when he was demoing the sub to me.

the things i posted doesnt need a reciever

If its just for your laptop you could get a 2.1 system from bestbuy with everything in it. if you dont want do deal will buyin multiple components. those are the only ways i can think of to do it

oh. well if you have the money i would do the fullrange amp and sub amp. if not. look around at for bestbuy for different recievers. i couldnt find any 2.1 recievers that had all the specs about them on the net. but then again i didnt look super hard

I checked BestBuy, they have a very limited selection of receivers (that don't come prepackaged with speakrs, which I don't want).

Just to confirm, a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver would not work? Because of a difference in impedance?

Yea, bestbuy is limited. circuit city used to have a big selection of different recievers, but they are gone now.

A 5.1 and 7.1 reciever would work, it would just have wasted channels if your only using two of them. The impedance difference shouldnt be a problem. Just look at the specs. If it has a sub amp built in, look for its minimum impedence. if it just has a pre out for a sub amp the sub impedence will only matter for the external sub amp