Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help Choose Box And Sub Setup!


ant04lack

Recommended Posts

Posted

Need some help...not too many replies in the SQ forum so im tryin here!!!

THIS IS GOING IN A 2004 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS!!!

For subs i have made the decision to go with RE but i dont know whether to go with one 12 SX or 2 10's SE however i am leaning toward the pair of tens...i dont want anything obnoxiously loud but i do want to feel it w/out compromising sq...i was suggested by the RE Tech to build a ported box tuned low to be able to play loud and retain quality of the bass...

For the amp was thinking of US amps md.1dn

I went to a stereo shop and he said I shouldn't go w/sealed because w/big cars all the bass gets trapped in the trunk....suggested I build ported enclosure vented into the arm rest or rear deck...I don't want to do any major reconstruction but I was thinkin if I just remove the factory sub and use that open space as my vent to the trunk and whether ported or sealed I will have a way for the bass to travel into the cabin of my sedan.

So would my idea work for what I am trying to accomplish?

Are there any suggestions for mounting the amp under the rear deck?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Posted

COME ON YALL I REALLY NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS FROM PPL WHO HAVE A REAL PASSION FOR THIS AS I DO, BUT HAVE A LITTLE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME!!! I PLAN ON TAKING MY TIME WITH THIS IN NO RUSH BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE I DO THIS RITE AND YOUR IMPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...TIRED OF GOING TO SHOPS AND THEM TRYING TO SELL ME ON SHYT I DONT NEED OR WANT!!!!!

THANKS!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 458 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...