Sonic Electronix

$400 For 2 15s... What To Buy?

Alright, My friend Jason offered me 400$ to buy him 2 15s and box em for his Dodge Custom truck, it has absolutely no space to it behind the seats, the way the tilt looks is 6.25" at the top and 13" at the bottom, going with a 22.5 degree angle or so, gonna have to build a slope-faced box in CAD so I can get an idea of what I could do with this box (Gotta love cad, find mistakes before you waste wood)

but anyway, I need to slap some subs in this build but I still want to be able to pocket some cash, you dig? (no one says THAT anymore)

I was thinking 2 Audioque 2.5 15s, but I want to see your opinions, Mind you these cant be really deep!

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

calculated the depth, and its 8.5" deep on the inside from the midpoint.

Looking at RE SR 15s right now, found em for 118$ shipped (each) and presumely buying these for 236$ and pocketing 164$, which should be enough for me to throw an SR in my room :D (i've got a 2.5 cube box already built in here, I just gotta build a port for it still, its only screws holdin' it together so I could do it at any time)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

@SPLPhreak

These times are tough, and he wanted me to build him something. Suppose I could pocket cash so I can replace this fucked over SS-WMSP66, blew the other one apart (it was close to the main one, but used a thinner paper cone and a thin foam surround, did not like 300w rms when I ran it single :D)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived