Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

We could all meet up at Walmart..or Audio Advantage. They shouldn't mind some system show offs. :P

I'll need a few weeks, though. I just sent off one of my subs and amps to Greg at RE Audio to be fixed. When they get back, I'm building a new box that's tuned lower.

We could all meet up at Walmart..or Audio Advantage. They shouldn't mind some system show offs. :P

I'll need a few weeks, though. I just sent off one of my subs and amps to Greg at RE Audio to be fixed. When they get back, I'm building a new box that's tuned lower.

That will work! Hopefully I can limp the van along on the dying v6. :D

Always cool to meet SMD folks face to face.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

still shuttin ppl down at the red light i suppose

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

Ha! If the motor doesn't shut down first! Finally got the stereo up and going and now the engine is trying to die on me. It runs like total CRAP! ...but it runs enough to turn the tires over and spin the alt. so, it is all good. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

a 350 swapin an astro van is one of the easiest swaps to do. raise the vehicle high enough to actually unbolt the motor sub frame. slide it out, remove old motor and trans and slap in the v8, bolt sub frame back up. its that simple. the 4.3 trans will work with the v8.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

a 350 swapin an astro van is one of the easiest swaps to do. raise the vehicle high enough to actually unbolt the motor sub frame. slide it out, remove old motor and trans and slap in the v8, bolt sub frame back up. its that simple. the 4.3 trans will work with the v8.

Yeah, everything I have looked up pretty much says that too. Thanks for reaffirming what I have been thinking. That dropping the sub-frame is the easiest way to go. The only real "problems" that there will be is getting adapters to move the motor mounts (easy) and some trim work for the clutched fan to clear the fan shroud (easy).

I know that the 4.3 is a 5.7 without one row of cylinders. So the 700r4 trans bolts right up, no moving the trans, no change to the driveshaft.

My father is the one with all of the tools so- it comes to convincing him that this is actually the easiest way. He wants to pull the motor out bit by bit, which is insane to me. :wacko:

I am looking to keep the stock TBI, put headman headers with 3" collectors, run dual 3" exhausts through some flowmasters. Nothing crazy with the rebuild, just a stout 350.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Yeah, that's 1992Chevy K1500 that is close by.

That would be cool if we could all meet up somewhere and get to slumpin' in a parking lot somewhere. :lol:

Yeah. I'm right over here in West Point. LOL. Hence the location I put on my profile. :rofl:

To be honest, the last time I was over in Columbus was too long ago to remember.

And what year 700r4 do you have? I know for a fact that the 90-93 4WD ones are bullet-proof with the right parts. If yours has "K1500 4WD" or something similar on it, it's bulletproof (with the right parts).

I don't generally have time to go over there during the weekdays. I usually have time only on the weekends.

Plus, I got no beat. Just loud pipes. :D

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Yeah. I'm right over here in West Point. LOL. Hence the location I put on my profile. :rofl:

To be honest, the last time I was over in Columbus was too long ago to remember.

And what year 700r4 do you have? I know for a fact that the 90-93 4WD ones are bullet-proof with the right parts. If yours has "K1500 4WD" or something similar on it, it's bulletproof (with the right parts).

I got ya' on keeping your location hidden now. :P

The van is an 89. It is the original 700r4, so- nothing special. Other than the added weight from the box, it doesn't need anything crazy. It isn't like I am putting the 350 in so I can win drag races or do burn outs with all of my equipment. :D I just want something with a bit more torque.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

I got ya' on keeping your location hidden now. :P

The van is an 89. It is the original 700r4, so- nothing special. Other than the added weight from the box, it doesn't need anything crazy. It isn't like I am putting the 350 in so I can win drag races or do burn outs with all of my equipment. :D I just want something with a bit more torque.

LOL. Yeah. To be honest, I live in one of the good neighborhoods (not too many around here) and I still don't trust some of the people who live nearby. :blink:

And sorry I haven't been able to get back to you about a demo. I've been busy with school (It's my senior year, so lottsa writing and applying to colleges).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

700r4s are nice with the over drive but stock there not to stong... had a rear end let go and the shock load took te tranny with it...

put a TH400 in.. was going down te road doing about 40mph wanted to throw it in nutral to cheak something out and hit reverse accidently... nothing happend to tranny slowed me down kinda quick tho lol this is in a 1990 K-15

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived