• 1 month later...

i wouldnt recomend a trailmaster 6" lift..... just pointing it out incase you run across one.... i hate mine...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i wouldnt recomend a trailmaster 6" lift..... just pointing it out incase you run across one.... i hate mine...

what dont you like about it?? i was looking at one for my blazer

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

what dont you like about it?? i was looking at one for my blazer

super stiff(giggidy)

suspension has very little travel...

and trailmaster gets rid of the lower control arm and uses a secondary strutt.... so you will have a coil, strut, and secondary strut on each side.... and here is the catch to it all... the secondary strutts are junk.... ive been told that the struts can blow out in as little as an hour after installing them... i had mine for about 6 months when they blew.... there is however a solution... its a strutt inversion using a gabriel strut off of an older volkswagon golf.... basically you take the top plate off of the tower and do some grinding to it and flip it upside down and put it on the tower upside down, this allows for you to torque the bolt down... as the gabriel strut lacks the collar that the tm strut has.. plus you gain about an inch of travel on the suspension.... it sounds complicated but its really not... i did mine in 2 evenings....

although this is for toyota tacoma's... but i cant immagine its any different for other vehicles.... but i could be wrong... if you get a tm lift and have this problem let me know... i can direct you towards some helpful writeups about it....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

yea after hearing some things i may just spend the extra $500 and get the BDS kit....

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

imo the tm lift is a cheap one.... its fine for show use but you will never be happy with the ride... and it will beat the hell out of you on the trails...

and i saw you guys talking about the fabtech lift.... ive heard alot of not so great things about it too.... i cant remember off hand what.... but i know the guys at tacomaworld.com have it nicknamed fagtech.... either way, it would proble be better than the tm lift...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

• 2 months later...

i have fabtech and the only complaint is that it squeaks alot even if you oil the bushings accordingly

sub: 10" eclipse in sealed box

amp: 420w PA

mids/highs: 2 pioneer 6x9's and 4 sony 6.5's

lift: 6.5" fabtech

tires: 35" goodyear wrangler MT/R's

rims: 16" ion's

exhaust: dual streight pipes with 4" tips

i have fabtech and the only complaint is that it squeaks alot even if you oil the bushings accordingly

polyurethane bushings... live with the squeek FTW!!!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived