Sonic Electronix

Sub/enclosure/port Suggestions,

Hey guys,

im building a box for my buddies mazda pickup, whcih hasa blowthrough in it, i have lots of room in the back for the box, i and just wondering what the bets port would be for a box like this, would it better to do ports aim sraight into the cab? a slot port right in the middle into the cab??

i am making an excess 5 inches in the front of the box to mount to the front of the box, and useing weatherstripping and nuts and bolts to make the box aight tight to the front of the cab...

the subs, 15'' clarion XW series, and most likly switching to Fi Qs in the future,

the amp, a clarion 1500wrms, mono block,

any help would be appreciated, this is my first blow thoruhg so im a lil lost....

thanx,

Travis,

i was thinking of doing 6ft^3 with 2 6inch tube ports, about 23 inches long each,

no how much airspace will that give me?? i am not sure how to calc the inside area excluding the port and sub displacemnet, i think the sub displacement is around like .20ft^3 each, whi would bring me down to about 5.5 ft^ which is 2.75Ft^3, per sub, what you guys think??

hey guys would about 4ft^3 PER sub be to much room?? tuned to about 30hz i figured id be running 2 6inch ports 15'' long, if no one has any input or advice to make this punch thorugh sound better i think i will do that, as long as you guys don tthink its to much airspace...

btw the punhc through isnt smal like it would be a second port, its fairly big, enogh air shoul dget throught it no problem,

Archived