Second Skin Audio

Amp Acting Like Its Not Getting Enough Power When Volume High ?

Bought a New 12" Fi BL well used one , and bought a Refurbished 1600D Brutus HiFonics Amp hooked it up today and the amp sounds like its skipping so to speak. I figured maybe it could be the ground witch is 8 Gauge where the Power is a 4 Gauge and its running a 60 amp fuse do I need to change the Fuse to 100 amp and ground to a 4 gauge and will that fix the problem ? Cause what it does is when u turn the Level up on the amp like the radio output volt thing. It sounds like its skipping or shutting off and on so fast that it makes it sound like its skipping is this the reason cause I double checked my hook ups and speaker wireing. so thats the only thing I can figure I had a Kicker 500.2 Amp hooked up to 2 12" Audiobahns before so I used the same wireing , I was thinking maybe ground was not big enough and the fuse a friend said it needed to be at least 100 for a 1600 watt amp ? Thanks

Edited by Hoppy72450

Bought a New 12" Fi BL well used one , and bought a Refurbished 1600D Brutus HiFonics Amp hooked it up today and the amp sounds like its skipping so to speak. I figured maybe it could be the ground witch is 8 Gauge where the Power is a 4 Gauge and its running a 60 amp fuse do I need to change the Fuse to 100 amp and ground to a 4 gauge and will that fix the problem ? Cause what it does is when u turn the Level up on the amp like the radio output volt thing. It sounds like its skipping or shutting off and on so fast that it makes it sound like its skipping is this the reason cause I double checked my hook ups and speaker wireing. so thats the only thing I can figure I had a Kicker 500.2 Amp hooked up to 2 12" Audiobahns before so I used the same wireing , I was thinking maybe ground was not big enough and the fuse a friend said it needed to be at least 100 for a 1600 watt amp ? Thanks

yah dude you're clipping the fuck out of it, 4 gauge wire AT LEAST.

you need to switch your ground, it would be better with 0 gauge for both power and ground, but the 4 gauge is the smallest u should use. and the fuse needs to be at least 100, i would prob go to 150 though.

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

you need to switch your ground, it would be better with 0 gauge for both power and ground, but the 4 gauge is the smallest u should use. and the fuse needs to be at least 100, i would prob go to 150 though.

I second that.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

yah dude you're clipping the fuck out of it, 4 gauge wire AT LEAST.

Yeah I just watched a Steve Meade video and was fixin to ask if I was clipping it. So its the Ground doing it then ? And as far as the fuse goes will it be ok for like a day or does it need to be changed out Immediatly also ?

And the Amp hole is a 4 gauge hole so if I went to 0 Gauge how do I fit it in there ?

Thanks for the Info all :)

Edited by Hoppy72450

i wouldnt use a 150 amp fuse unless its quality 4 guage and not some junky ass "4 guage" wire thats more like 6 guage.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Well I changed the Ground to the same size and Not a signle change so what could be causeing the speaker to do that. It acts like its not getting enough power you turn it up and the lights on the amp start going dim and bright and the speaker starts skipping best way I can describe it the speaker pumps up and down acting like your hooking it up and unhooking it really fast ? any help when I turn the volume down it fixs itself but nowhere near the bass that it should have ?

Please quick replys I have to go to work in 4 hours..lol wanna fix it b4 work. Thanks all