Sonic Electronix

I bought a used 12" Fi Bl speaker and I beleive the guy who says it was fine when it left cause I been talking to him over the phone but When I hooked it up it sounded like it was blown? You turn the volume up and its like its clipping. Amp litght dies down and the speaker sounds like its skipping excursion alot. He says its the Fuse so I change the fuse he says it could be small ground so I changed it also and its still doing same thing. Buddy came and hooked it up so his amp and it does the same thing, He then takes some probs of some sort and hooks to the speaker and says its blown. Is UPS responable for this because like I said I beleive the guy. And I dont know whats wrong with it but what I am told I am no Audio xpert and I have no clue why its doing what it is doing. He also said its the box witch is tuned to 17hz but what I been told is the box being tuned low want do that it would have to be tuned high to hurt it. Any help anything that I could be missing here at all I am desperate. ?

Take pics of how you have it setup, as well as the impedance of the sub and amp.

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

You turn the volume up and its like its clipping. Amp litght dies down and the speaker sounds like its skipping excursion alot.

He also said its the box witch is tuned to 17hz but what I been told is the box being tuned low want do that it would have to be tuned high to hurt it.

Your clipping the HELL out of the amp from voltage drop.

havint the box tuned high wont hurt the sub. its only when you go below the tuning frequency of the box when you have to be careful.

Edited by Krannyman92

Did i mention its in a 34hz box still does it

get a picture taken somehow. borrow a camera

and didnt you just say you had it in a 17hz box?

Edited by Krannyman92

I think UPS dropped it when they Delivered it cause like I said b4 I just talked to dude and he doesnt seem like the type to do anything like that so I beleive UPS screwed it up I just dont know what to do I wanna exhaust all things I can try b4 I do anything at all.

get a DMM and measure the coils.

and then measure all the other voltage readings, like battery voltage, amp output voltage

Edited by Krannyman92