Second Skin Audio

Need Subs Or An Idea For My Mini Groundpounder

creyc

The plan was to run (4) 15" Havocs in my 01 Blazer, but now I'm again on the market for subs.

One of my 2 Havocs I already have seemed to be behaving oddly so I measured both coils, sure enough one was popped. It looks like one side of the coil was rubbing in the gap and wore a large shiny spot on the coil where it burned. I'll get pics later.

Anyway now I'm not so sure I want to run these subs. If I go the recone route I'll need to be sure the recones match the T/S properties of a brand new Havoc. There's lots of great subs on the market and while these Havocs sound great, I'm also ready to try something new.

So the options are either recone the havoc, and then buy two more.

Or sell off the motor/basket and the other good sub to fund some Fi BLs, or DC Level 4's, 4XLs etc..

Oh and this will all be running on a SAZ-3000D for now. Maybe two later. ;)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

The plan was to run (4) 15" Havocs in my 01 Blazer, but now I'm again on the market for subs.

One of my 2 Havocs I already have seemed to be behaving oddly so I measured both coils, sure enough one was popped. It looks like one side of the coil was rubbing in the gap and wore a large shiny spot on the coil where it burned. I'll get pics later.

Anyway now I'm not so sure I want to run these subs. If I go the recone route I'll need to be sure the recones match the T/S properties of a brand new Havoc. There's lots of great subs on the market and while these Havocs sound great, I'm also ready to try something new.

So the options are either recone the havoc, and then buy two more.

Or sell off the motor/basket and the other good sub to fund some Fi BLs, or DC Level 4's, 4XLs etc..

Oh and this will all be running on a SAZ-3000D for now. Maybe two later. ;)

BL's are awesome.

if you are running 4 you might want to get that second saz-3000d.

I have heard a lot DC's lately and they are beasts.

seems like both of those will be better off for you than the havoc's

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived