How To Make Trimmed Rings For Speakers...

Ok.. this is my first post... and i hope that someone can help me out...

Ive read the how to on making the flush mount speaker rings in this section.. and that was very helpful...

But i want to build some rings that cover the speaker screws, and so i can do away with the speaker grill.

So essentially, ive got the ring that the speaker mounts to... then i have another ring that fits over the top to cover the screws. the inner ring fits inside the outer ring..

Its kind of hard to explain... just trying to find a photo of what i mean..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...33654&st=40

the way its done in this car is what i want to do.. so how do i?

ive worked out how to do the rings, thats the easy bit, but how do they stay fixed without screws? and how does he backlight the speakers?

Thanks

Justin

Edited by Sik

I can't tell you exactly how he did those, but there is two ways that I see. One is they are just pressure fit in with maybe glue or some light adhesive. The other is he came in from the underside and screwed them in from the back.

He lights them with some leds in/on those acrylic rings.

yeah i thought they would either be just squished in there, or they were screwed from the back.

id probably have to go for the squished method on my build, because i will be using the speaker cut outs as mounting points for the door trims to the door, then mount the speakers after the trims are fixed to the door.

where do the leds fit though.. ive thought about this for a while, but still cant work out how he did it...

all comes down to practace i suppose..

Pic is a lil blurry, but it looks to me as if he just drilled into the rings and put the leds in there. Thats what id do anyways...

Then thats probably what it was. There are a couple ways you could do it. You seen those thin led strips? Maybe a little something like this mounted behind the rings or something would work nicely.

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-strip

That might do the trick as well. but don't always just follow the methods of other people, half the fun is doing stuff your own way.

looks like he made the rings, ran led's around the inside, and then mounted from the rear (especially since the panels were off to mount it)

that seems like the most likely way to me, and how i'd personally do it if i wanted that effect..

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC