This is like my 5th forums page for posting this now. I went from being active on only one page to 5 now. I've turned into such a forum whore this week. However this is the one and only build thread with everything totally culminated in one single shot of all my pictures of all the progress I've made since we bought the car in January. We've spent about $2000 worth on car audio expenditures to date and I'm guessing I'll spend about that much more before it's all said and done. So much for my thousand dollar budget. It seems to go out in five hundred dollar chunks at a time.

My girl gave me permission to show the one picture of her puffy cheeks only if I made sure to tell everybody that they are puffy only because she just had all her wisdom teeth taken out. Man if I had a dollar for every time I typed that this week I could buy her a little gift or a small cheap oriental imported trinket.

Well here it is and you guys should know I'm going to have to quit my day job now just to keep all my forums pages updated on a regular basis as I make frequent progress on this beast.

The pictures of the constructed sub box display my first ever sub box build so don't clown on me when you see the jacked up screw pattern on the back.

picture003qz3.jpg

picture004xn7.jpg

picture014hl4.jpg

picture006ih0.jpg

picture016jj6.jpg

picture003on3.jpg

picture002gm9.jpg

installed001gq6.jpg

picture008il4.jpg

picture010mq8.jpg

picture014jb8.jpg

powercable003tq4.jpg

groundcables002oi7.jpg

groundcables006zn2.jpg

alternatorinstall002od2.jpg

mirrorsandalt004xq2.jpg

Damn 4 posts just for the pics so far. Maybe it's too much in one shot but to sum it all up. I am trying to get into competing and as it stands right now I'm looking at what's called basic 1 in my local circuit which is limited to 1-12" 2-10" or 3-8" woofers and up to 500 watts. I will be attending my very first comp on the 26th of April in Union Missouri. And my girlfriend is going to get to go to the St. Louis Arch for the first time as well.

More to come soon so stay tuned

why go through all the trouble of running the powerline outside the car? it takes like all of 2 minutes to tuck it under the carpet.

looks like its coming along well and you have some cool stuff in there and do some clean work, i want to see where this ends up

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

why go through all the trouble of running the powerline outside the car? it takes like all of 2 minutes to tuck it under the carpet.

looks like its coming along well and you have some cool stuff in there and do some clean work, i want to see where this ends up

looking good

Not really diggin the quote function on this forum but to raytard- I have plenty to say about all the trouble I went through to run the power through the car. It's not outside the car it's in the body where it's completely protected from the elements and it won't get pinched or cut. It's not lumping up my carpet and I didn't have to pull the back seat out to get it to the trunk. I didn't have to drill a single hole to get it from point A to point B. All the holes were factory cut outs with grommets. It was a very ingenious way to do it and it looks damn good. To do it in 2 minutes under the carpet you must be a professional installer and that I'm not, this is just a hobby of mine.

And for a little foresight, this is how it's gonna end up

3x%20trophies.jpg