Second Skin Audio

16 Hifonics 12s In A Lincoln Town Car?

All sounds good, and i was thinking about the Hfi series...the cheaper ones...Will they be worth it? I know its A LOT of cone area, but what about excursion? Its only 11mm on those subs...I'm trying to do this on a budget, with intention of switching to CVRs or something along those lines down the road. Also isn't sealed usually better when doing that many subs?

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's

All sounds good, and i was thinking about the Hfi series...the cheaper ones...Will they be worth it? I know its A LOT of cone area, but what about excursion? Its only 11mm on those subs...I'm trying to do this on a budget, with intention of switching to CVRs or something along those lines down the road. Also isn't sealed usually better when doing that many subs?

It really depends how you do it man. There's so many factors involved nobody could give you a 100% correct answer. You should browse through the forum and check out Members Builds section to get come ideas on 10+ sub setups. You could do so many things. I would almost tell you to back off of the 16 12s and go with twelve 12s since I'm guessing you don't have much experience with walls. (Space issues)

Check out my early ones, assman, Exposport, 2000lade, Frankie Rio, Pipo Sanchez (newer setup), etc... for some ideas.

There's also some guys on here that might help come up with something creative.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

my advice would be to change up sub amps, I dont believe mmats to be what they once were, you trying to go ported or sealed ?

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ

Im just gonna build/glass the biggest shell I can, then see how much air space I have and go from there, with either 16 or 12 12s...Im leaning towards sealed, and the mmats amps i have are a little older, got both for 500 off a friend of mine...just one of those deals you cant pass up

1994 Lincoln Town Car

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 510UB : 2 Powerbass AEQ-7X0 Eq's

Front Stage: 30 Mids/Highs off of a Kicker zx850.4 & Kicker kx600.4

Sub Stage: 4 18" DC Level 4s (w/ Level 5 coils) : 2 Mmats D3000.1s

Security: Autopage RS730

Electrical : 200 amp Powermaster Alt : MLA module : KnuKonceptz wiring : 6 Universal Battery UB12750's

Well since the fiberglass shell would have to be crazy strong, I'd suggest building a wood shell, then glassing the inside for strength. Unless you can design it and know for sure before you start, don't worry about air space until it's built. If you're lacking, just give the subs more power to make up for lack of efficiency.

That's what I'ma be doin here real soon. :)

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/