Second Skin Audio

Team Toxic Bass Enclosure

what did steve use in his navigator? im going to connect it using a line output converter. i asked bavarian soundwerks (http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/) and they said that the best thing for me to do is use a LOC because i have the logic 7 system which already has stock subwoofers so it would sound best if i used the loc off the stock subwoofers

what i need to figure out is how to wire in a switch to turn on and off the amp and bass control knob into this whole thing

does the bass control knob act as a switch too? like if its all the way down does it turn off the amp? that would make shit a whole lot easier

Edited by NewCents05

Guest MegaloManiac

for the switch just splice into the accessory wire,use a relay.

the bass knobs usually just plugs into the amp via phonecord like. when u turn it all the way down on the knob u can barely hear the sub its still playing but u can barely hear it, although it might sound a bit louder since u r usin a bandpass.

for the switch just splice into the accessory wire,use a relay.

the bass knobs usually just plugs into the amp via phonecord like. when u turn it all the way down on the knob u can barely hear the sub its still playing but u can barely hear it, although it might sound a bit louder since u r usin a bandpass.

yeah thats what i thought it might do but yeah i was thinking of splicing the wire from the loc (right before the loc before it converts to rca) and run the switch of that. that way the amp doesnt turn off but it doesnt get a signal so it wont play.

Guest MegaloManiac

you could do that but why would you want to put yourself into doin that. everytime u shut the car off u would HAVE to turn that switch off, otherwise u will hear a 50hz tone playing lol. why not just use the ralay and if u still feel u need a switch put it on the accessory wire.

Guest MegaloManiac
why would i have to turn off the switch with the car? the amp doesnt stay on while the car is off?

it would stay on if u did that switch on the speaker wire thing at the loc. but if u put the switch on the acc wire it wont

Please don't damage your brand new bmw.

haha i gotta do what i gotta do im not damaging it im being "constructive" ;)

ill have to make everything look like i didnt put anything in the car tho incase my car decides to implode on me and the warranty needs to come into effect