Lowering A 2008 Honda Accord Coupe.

Eh. Im buying another new car soon for looks. this one I wanna "race out" simply because its a honda and they normally have mad parts for em.... I guess not for newer models? :search:

u mean rice out lol

but i found some H&R springs not a big drop tho 1.5" on the front 1.3" on the back

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguide.php?...DA%20|%20Accord

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

I am willing to bet you could adapt a setup from another Honda.

If you have a friend with a newer Civic that will let you poke at their suspension, look and see if the struts could possibly interchange. I know on my brother's 93 Accord, he was able to hog out a couple mounting holes on coilovers made for a similar year Civic...Maybe you could get lucky like that?

Too many projects, too little time...

why does everyone assume RICE OUT when someone fixes up a honda? because they aren't RWD? intake/turbo/upgraded cams/etc makes it a ricer? Im not one of the people who throw on a coffee can muffler, tint windows, rims and call it a day. I actually like doing shit that will effect performance.

@ raytard - why did they make a coupe 3.5L then? :\

@ ktown - I don't have any friends who drive a newer civic :( but I will call some local shops and find out

• 4 weeks later...

why does everyone assume RICE OUT when someone fixes up a honda? because they aren't RWD? intake/turbo/upgraded cams/etc makes it a ricer? Im not one of the people who throw on a coffee can muffler, tint windows, rims and call it a day. I actually like doing shit that will effect performance.

@ raytard - why did they make a coupe 3.5L then? :\

@ ktown - I don't have any friends who drive a newer civic :( but I will call some local shops and find out

theres actually alot of parts for the new accords. i work for honda and there is alot of modded accords out there. you can get a intake, j pipe, exhaust, reflashed ecu, etc. not if you want get some eibach pro kit springs and put them on the stock struts they will handle the drop and still perform well.

Team Sundown Audio- Doug Fabio

Team Powermaster

2001 tahoe

3 DC power alts( mike singer modded to 18v)

4 Xs power d1600s

2 Sundown audio 3500s ( soon to be 2 ns-1s)

6 sundown sa-15s with alum coils

20 cubes 5-6 inch aeros

154.9 @49hz TL(old score)

i have a 94 Honda Accord and it is hard t find parts for my car but the year you have it is plenty of thing to do to them go to cardomain.com and look at your year, you will see there are alot of coils and suspension kits you can get, you just got to find out what you are looking for and how much you want to spend, i just saw a articles on a skunk2 and eibach and mugen parts you have more options than my 94

• 1 month later...

Wow lots of bad information here. FYI Accords are designed to perform in all aspects of automobiles including fuel consumption and economy. Putting intake, headers, exhaust and a body kit on a 4 banger for performance is rice. Changing the stance and getting a sporty tuned suspension is not. There is a huge difference and I'm sick of people jumping the gun. BTW Japaneese companies make some of the best vehicles on the road and a lot put together here in America. We have domestic companies that have cars like the Malibu, Neon, Stratus and Contour to ensure quality and reliability.

I would browse some (8th gen I think) Accord forums and see what is out there if I was you. There is pros and cons between coilovers and spring/strut swaps. Definately read up on comfort because some of them ride like crap or have issues when you lower them past a certain point like Tein.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

Archived