Sonic Electronix

3 10" Rd Heavys And 3 Mtx 4001d

ive been brainstorming on how to do a 10000+ rms in my bmw 325ci. its hard, seeing as i cant even fit 2 15"s in the trunk if the box is ported:/.

well, i was looking at the rd heavyweights and i can fit 3 10" in my tiny trunk. since each r rated to handle 3-4000rms, i would power each with a mtx 4001d (i know i could go with fewer amps that put out more power, but i already hav 1 4001d and i like it and buying 2 more is cheaper). this would give me ~11500rms :clapping: , granted i have the proper electrical. which is my problem.. i dont c it as possible to do dual alts in a bmw, so would i be able to power this with my 220a alt plus several batts? this build wouldnt happen till i get back from basic training and then hav the money, so lots of time. this is a open possibility so any input on anything would be greatly appreciated!! thanx

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

Archived