i have 10 k they are blue 12k is when it really starts going purple. 4300k is around natural daylight and is going to be ur brightest.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

• 2 weeks later...
heres a chart

ColorChart1.jpg

ill most likely be getting 8k for my 03 civic and 6k for my 90

not sure about the laws where u are, but i know here its illegal to even have HIDs (in oem non-hid housing) and illegal to have it colored

i have 8000k on my 2005 monte, i think they are the best looking ones

ACHIEVE THE SOUND YOU NEIGHBORS FEAR

These are h1 6k hids in comparison to h1 fogs from my x-type.

IMG_1445.JPG

They were more blue than I thought they'd be. 8k are really blue 10k are blue but hint to purple and 12k are puple. Anything higher than 8k are useless if you are going for more light/visibility (I wouldn't go higher than 6k.) Personally the 6k looked good but I would prefer a 4300 or 5k kit. Some sellers have the 5k kit and some don't. My pair was around $80 shipped and the same kit is now going for a little over $50 last I checked. They were decent in quality for the price IMO.

This pic is the h1 brights on with the h1 6k hids.

IMG_1448.JPG

Brights next to the main beam to show the difference from regular halogens to the 6k kit

IMG_1452.JPG

This shows a xenon brand marker light (to the left), 6k to the right and the lowers are the h1 sylvania silverstar h1 fog light.

IMG_1446.JPG

If you want the best from hids you need a projector.

Edited by aquill1

DONT GET XENON'S! WHat ever you do dont get them. Thier are high temp compared to hid's and regular halogen lightbulbs. They literally melt newer style plastic headlight housings. There was a recall call but no one really noticed much. My friends truck set a blaze because of the damn things. I use sylvania silverstars and thier alot brighter than xenon's.

Jensen Uv8 Head unit

1 12" Mtx Thunder Svc

2 12" Jl Audio W3D4 Dvc (both bridged)

1 Sony Xplode 1000 watt.

1994 Ext cab Dodge Dakota

My Daily ground pounder

xenon is usually a normal, yellow, 3500k bulb with a blue filter

and yes they heat up, and yes they draw extra current to put out the same amount of light (because the filter to make it blue cuts down on output)

normal halogen bulbs are 1000-1200 lumens (xenon is a normal bulb with a filter, the inert gas filling them doesnt change the color, since the filament is radiating the energy)

hid's are in the 3000-3200 lumen ballpark (at like 4300k, dropping off on either side)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC