Hey guys,

I am going to get my system metered on Saturday. Just wanted some tips on what I should do. First time getting it metered.

I was thinking of playing a sweep or test tones and music. Not to sure, just want to get the highest number possible. And I'm probably going to put my subs facing forward before I go. And seal it off from the trunk.

Current Setup

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier 880PRS

Subs: 2 Custom Ssackett 12's DC LVL5 Softparts

Sub Amp: Crossfire VR4000D

Highs Setup: 4 6.5" Powerbass 4XL'S & 2 Crescendo XST2's.

Highs amp: Jbl Gto75.4ii & MB Quart ONX4.60

Electrical: XS Power D5100 & D3100 in the rear

My Videos

If they let you have plenty of time, put the headunit to a fairly high volume and run a sweep or 2, make sure you cover the frequencies from 30-80hz.

Then using the peak hold and numeric data options in Termlab find your peak frequency, bump the volume up a bit and play a tone at that frequency. Keep turning up the volume, when you stop gaining you've hit major clipping.

Eeeh that's a very simple way of putting it ;/

Don't do too many burps in a row, even with the engine running you'll start draining the battery, give it a few burps/sweeps/whatever then give it a couple of minutes for the components to cool down and the voltage to recover a bit.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If they let you have plenty of time, put the headunit to a fairly high volume and run a sweep or 2, make sure you cover the frequencies from 30-80hz.

Then using the peak hold and numeric data options in Termlab find your peak frequency, bump the volume up a bit and play a tone at that frequency. Keep turning up the volume, when you stop gaining you've hit major clipping.

Eeeh that's a very simple way of putting it ;/

Don't do too many burps in a row, even with the engine running you'll start draining the battery, give it a few burps/sweeps/whatever then give it a couple of minutes for the components to cool down and the voltage to recover a bit.

Thanks for the info. I don't think its a termlab though. Might be a AC meter. Does that one show the hz? Or does the old termlab show it? I have no clue what type of meter it is. I think it is a AC, but I never seen it yet.

Current Setup

My Videos

And what side should the port be on? I'm thinking drivers side. Front will be facing into the cabin.

Current Setup

My Videos