Second Skin Audio

Help With Box Plans

i have the two FI BL 18's now, looking for a box plan to build and want it tuned around 30hz. it is going in the back of a tahoe so i have good amount of room.

i know i want subs up and port to the back. want to do a square port but not sure what size the port should be or how many cubes the two 18 bl's need?

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

Fi website says 5-10 ft3 per 18". Then you need 16 sq" of port per ft3. Once you know roughly how much net enclosure space you will have you can start figuring the lenght of the port for your desired frequency. Your fist thing to do is figure exactly how much of your cargo area you want to take up then measure that space. Take your measurement from that and subtract the thickness of MDF you want to use. probably double 3/4" on every wall and your floor and your baffle. Tehn you have your internal air space. Then subtract woofer and port displacement and you have your net ft3

oh yea built plenty of boxes for just about anything, but never built one kinda like meade's is. i have the same tahoe as him just the 03. i have two 15's in there now. but it is just a port to the side. i was looking at theres and i was thinking about subs up, port to the back but didnt know if it was better to have a square port on the middle or a big slot port on the bottom to the back

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

if you were to run a slot port all the way across the back of the enclosure your may have noise probs. you would have a 45" x 3.5" port. I've been told to do ports in a 3 to 1 or 2 to 1 ratio. so a 160 sq" port (roughly) would be 18" x 9"

Edited by AP Zoutes