Second Skin Audio

How To Properly Calculate Lv (port Length)

kickerlivinloud

Ok I know this is a very commonly ask question. How do you find out how long to make your port to get desired tuning? I have asked this question for several years and finally figured it out. Now I will try and save some ppl from having to ask for 2 years by explaining it here...

PortLengthsolved--Thisoneisright.jpg

You will need to know how much gross air space you have. How much port area you want and to what freq you want your box tuned 2. With these 3 things you can easily figure out how to properly tune your box.

If you have any questions or did quite understand a part of this feel free to get at me. My AIM is Kickerlivenloud. I'm am on almost every forum, (all going by the same name) and I am on AIM most of the time. If I made a mistake also point it out please! I don't want to give poor or inaccurate information.

Jon

Incriminator Audio: No Chrome, No Carbon Fiber, No BS!! Period....

www.incriminatoraudio.com

Stereo Integrity: Your source for the finest Hi-fi speakers and speaker systems

www.stereointegrity.com

Sound Solutions Audio: Best darn click you'll ever make!

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

***.gif

I also forgot to add the "end correct factor" This is very easy to understand though. When your port uses a wall

untitledel7.png

You will need to calculate for "end correct factor". All you need to do for this is take half of your port width and add that to your port length (ex: port width = 4") take half of that (2") and add it to your length. This will give you a proper and accurate port length.

Again, only calculate for end correct factor if you port uses a part of the wall.

Jon

Incriminator Audio: No Chrome, No Carbon Fiber, No BS!! Period....

www.incriminatoraudio.com

Stereo Integrity: Your source for the finest Hi-fi speakers and speaker systems

www.stereointegrity.com

Sound Solutions Audio: Best darn click you'll ever make!

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

***.gif

Archived