Zooyork2Sincity Posted April 28, 2009 Report Posted April 28, 2009 I have made the decision to go with passive crossovers for my mids/ highs for right now. I will go active when I do the full upgrade of the 4-6 18’s in the next year. But I honestly need something right now and was wondering… For my Mids/Highs would a pair of Rockford T1 component crossovers work well with what I have? Previously this is what I posted about my front end: To break it down for you I have two SEAS Audio silk dome tweeters and two Scanspeak mids the same ones they use to make the Alpine FI components. I have a Xtant 603X were you can adjust the sips which are crossover points I called xtant for there help but they can only do so much. When hooking up the Xtant I also had a module that made it from a 3 channel to a 5 channel. It's truly a 3 channel amp with a separate mono output. 2 total and 1 mono channel. When hooking up the modular it make an additional 2 channels passive off the main channels just at a slightly lower volume. I had the mids connected to the main two channels the tweeters hooked to the passive module and the mono is hooked the center channel my Kenwood is a KVT 915DVD with a center channel output. Issue I have is whatever adjustments I make to the crossover points on the amp for my mids will happen to the tweets and they will blow again originally I was looking at the specs on the 604 were this would have worked and no one I know knows enough about Xtant amps so its difficult the only person in my area intelligent enough is Scott at Fi and he has helped me a lot and I don’t want to bother him to much with all he has going on… Thanks 1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.