Second Skin Audio

Jl Audio Box Build

lol yea pretty ghetto... all will be well in the end...

what do u mean on the current box or the old one. and like i said the old box was made for six subs just not the the w6's

Edited by tomrspears

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

Assuming your numbers are right when calculating wedge and rectangle boxes it came out great IMO.

You took the information givin and formed it into something tangible based off your last box and it worked out fine.

NOW,

Lesson #2 that you need to pick up about box design is alignment and phase. IF you rebuild put all 6 woofers on top as far forward as possible with a common chamber and one big common port either shooting back or up in the very back of the box. You should see significant gains and still be able to follow specs givin to you by JL or use specs from one of the many successful box designers here on the forum.

:good:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Assuming your numbers are right when calculating wedge and rectangle boxes it came out great IMO.

You took the information givin and formed it into something tangible based off your last box and it worked out fine.

NOW,

Lesson #2 that you need to pick up about box design is alignment and phase. IF you rebuild put all 6 woofers on top as far forward as possible with a common chamber and one big common port either shooting back or up in the very back of the box. You should see significant gains and still be able to follow specs givin to you by JL or use specs from one of the many successful box designers here on the forum.

:good:

-Drew

theres a couple of reasons why i did the box the way i did. one is i only wanted two subs per chamber, two i really like the look of the four up and two back. i know the phaseing is gonna be a little out. now the reason for two subs per chamber is, if i blow one i'll un power that chamber and still have two chambers working. and the other reason is money. right now i only have two sub amps. and the way its looking i aint gonna have the money for the third amp for quite a while. i have a 1000/ and a 500/1. i'm gonna run four subs off of the 1000/1 and two off of the 500/1. yea i do know that there gonna be underpowerd. but the box will be right and all i have to do is add the third amp when i get it. Edited by tomrspears

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

• 4 weeks later...

heres a update on my build. i'm 99% done with the box, and all i have to do now is rewire the whole thing. but heres some updated pics of it.Photo0128.jpgPhoto0131.jpgPhoto0132.jpgPhoto0137.jpgPhoto0136.jpg

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's