How To Wire Batteries

well i am getting a couple batteries for my truck and i would like some input on how i should wire them. i dont know what info you need but just ask and i will respond.

i have two alts that are run to my battery (up front) and one run of 0/1 to the back that goes into a fused distro block. i have an empty spot for another wire on my battery up front so i could do another run if need be. i am adding two batteries to the back, how should i run the wire. thanks.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

well i am getting a couple batteries for my truck and i would like some input on how i should wire them. i dont know what info you need but just ask and i will respond.

i have two alts that are run to my battery (up front) and one run of 0/1 to the back that goes into a fused distro block. i have an empty spot for another wire on my battery up front so i could do another run if need be. i am adding two batteries to the back, how should i run the wire. thanks.

Parallel would seem to be your best option. unless you have places to ground the spare batteries. I myself prefer parallel because when I disconnect the main battery up front I don't have to go do the rest individually

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Parallel would seem to be your best option. unless you have places to ground the spare batteries. I myself prefer parallel because when I disconnect the main battery up front I don't have to go do the rest individually

so your saying, run a + and a run of - from the front to the back and connect both batts in parrall. then from the last batt + and - to my positive and negative distrobution blocks then to my amps?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

so your saying, run a + and a run of - from the front to the back and connect both batts in parrall. then from the last batt + and - to my positive and negative distrobution blocks then to my amps?

I never grounded the amp to a battery before... because the battery really isn't a ground but it would still work that way... I always grounded the amp the chassis somewhere. Just parallel'd the batteries start to finish +/- so forth. Then ran a line from the positive on battery to the amp and grounded the amp to the frame.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

wiring.jpg

like this expect you can ground the amp to the chassis instead of the battery

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

yeah that makes sence, run ground from the front batt to the 1st rear batt then to the 2nd rear batt and thats it. run power from the front batt to the 1st rear batt to the 2nd rear batt to the power distro block then to the amps. ground the amps to the chassis in the rear.

d(-__-)b

yeah that makes sence, run ground from the front batt to the 1st rear batt then to the 2nd rear batt and thats it. run power from the front batt to the 1st rear batt to the 2nd rear batt to the power distro block then to the amps. ground the amps to the chassis in the rear.

yup but you don't have to have a power distro you can just do it all from that second rear batt

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

would it hurt anything to go from the 2nd rear batt to my KonFUSED 3 way distro then to each amp? i have 3 amps that i am running. would it be better to just do three runs from the that batt or one to the distro block then to each amp.

d(-__-)b

Archived