My Head Unit... And Taking Full Potential Of It.

i was just told by a guy at andre's audio that he won 2nd in a world competition with a system that had a deck that had 2.2v pre out,

my deck puts it out as such : Preout Voltage & Impedance : 2.2V, 1k Ohm

now, what does that mean ? and how can i take full potential of my deck to get the best signal from it ? thanks alot all of you professionals ! i am learning so much since i have joined up to thease forums i feel like a sponge :)

like i said, i really appreciate ya'lls patience with me and helpin me out from scratch most other forums ive been blasted on pretty hard and discontinued going there as this place i seem to be able to actually learn and the people are more friendly.

the gentlemen at andre's said that some head units put out their full voltage at too high of a impedence of somthing. Can you guys please clarify ?

Thanks you all !

smdsignature.jpg

Il gladly help with what i know and if im wrong feel free to correct me.

The Voltage of the preout is for setting the gain. The higher preout the less you have to turn the gain up on your amp. This will result in clearer sound and less distortion.

As for some decks that only put out their full voltage at to high of independence maybe he just meant that some have to have the setting tuned up the way to get full voltage? This is true for Alpine or at least mine where you have to turn the Sub W all the way up 15 for it to be 4v.

Again im not sure but hope it helps!

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

Archived