Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ported Box For Two Alpine S-10's


Recommended Posts

Posted

I heard that tuning below a certain figure (freq response or Fs?) could make a ported box less peaky. What tuning would you recommend for such a treatment for two Alpine S-10's? I think I can design the box myself once I know the tuning to aim for and the rule-of-thumb for port volume vs. enclosure volume. Any ideas?

EDIT: Title that doesn't sound like shit.

Too many projects, too little time...

Posted

Any ideas?

Specs are as follows:

Fs (Hz) 35

Frequency Response 30 - 1000 Hz

Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.65 - 1.5

Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 1 - 1.75

Top Mount Depth (inches) 6

Bottom Mount Depth (inches) 6 1/2

Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 9 1/16

Taken straight from Crutchfield.

I have a space about 16" high by 38" wide by 10-14" deep (10 at top, 14 at bottom) and would like to build an enclosure fitting those dimensions, tucked up to the backseat with a wedge. Failing that though, I am willing to build about a 16x38x14 rectangular box. What tuning would you guys recommend?

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...