Questions About Amplifiers And Dual Alternator Setups

Okay guys Ive read around about dual alt setups and need some stuff clarified. I know I need to alts cause Im going to run over 4000 watts in my mustang.

Mainly the only thing im concerned about is the wiring. Ive read that only one can charge the car electrical system and the other kept seperate or their would be problems as 2 alts cannot share charging loads.

If I have 2 alts running to 2 batteries one in stock location for subs and car charging, and the other to a battery in the back for sound only what about the amplifiers? I will be running 2 subs one on each amp. Then is it okay to just split the remote wire and run it to both amps is this how its done.

And if anyone knows someone who has brackets for a 04 mustang V6 that would be great I emailed dave at DC but I never got a response back but I think they carry kits for Fords or even just mustangs. Ive test fit another alt and it will fit but I need a bracket fabricated to bolt it on, wiring wise it just has a wire running to positive terminal on new battery and is grounded through the bracket but doesnt it need something else hooked up to it to start the charging since it wont be a one wire or how is that done sorry for all the questions but maybe you guys know the answers.

Archived