Sundown Audio

Memphis Mcd1500 & St1500d .5 Ohm Stable?

i personally wouldnt run anything at a half ohm daily, but thats just me (effeciency drop, extra heat, and current draw are not worth the extra couple of watts you get)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

maybe do a bolt terminal system where all you have to do is unscrew 2 nuts and swap a wire

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Here is the situation I have to a t. Right now my box im running has two different sets of ports one for daily use tuned to peek at about 39 hz and one set for comps tuned at 45hz which needs to come up to around 50hz for the best performance. The box is right at 9 cubes and is built for 3 memphis m3 12"s with dual 4 ohm coils and has five four inch aeros that fire out the top of the box. The box works great and never tops out so I know I can feed it lots more power without a problem. My current problem with the system is that my amp is wired at 2.66 ohms so at best im probably only making 1100 to 1200 watts. With the class i normally compete in in USACi i can run up to 1800 watts at 4 ohms right now im at 750. I would like to have close to 1800 watts at 4 ohms and be semi stable at a .5 ohms load for comps that could be good for almost 5000 watt increase. Right now sealed up mic on dash fully legal with the 39hz ports in it will do 145dB all day long and 147.5 on the pass floor board usaci outlaw style. With the comp ports tuned to peak at 45 hz it will do 149.5 in the pass kick and never metered it legal.

So if you would give me some ideas here I know it can do a lot more just need some suggestions.