While doing a "routine" brake pad change I happened to notice that my rear calipers are in pretty bad shape. long story short (5 hours for a full brake pad job... ouch) my passenger rear caliper wont compress.

There is a tool for this, to rotate the piston so it will seat, but a pair of large needle nose did the trick too. Well, the piston will turn but doesn't seat, or even move in at all. The caliper pins were also seized and wouldn't slide but I fixed that, so now I'm wondering if this caliper works at all. The brake pads on this one are also the least worn out of all 4.

The dust boot is also totally gone from around the piston.

so, the piston turns, but won't move in while doing so like it's supposed to, and using a c-clamp does nothing at all......you can't push these pistons in, they need to turn.

Is there anyway I can get this god damned thing to move back into the caliper so I can get the new pads on it at least for now?? its retarded having 3 out of 4 wheels re-padded. could I spray brake cleaner in there? penetrating oil? anything to get it back in??

after driving I notice the rotor is pretty damn warm, but no where near as hot as the other rotors. so something is working even if just a little bit.

EDIT

I should mention, the car is a 1996 Mercury Cougar XR-7 ..... supposedly has the sport package, but according to my brake types, apparently not.

Edited by BigJohnny