white4d96 Posted May 10, 2009 Report Posted May 10, 2009 I was looking into tuning my enclosure a little lower, from 34hz down to maybe 28 or 30. I would probably be using 3 or 4" PVC. for 30Hz the 3" tube needs to be about 12" long (about the inside depth of my enclosure); for 4", 22.3". Could I use two tubes to achieve this length? Or will that cause the tuning to go wonky? Too many projects, too little time...
raytard Posted May 10, 2009 Report Posted May 10, 2009 youre going to have to elbow it...2 tubes would double the port area and require an even longer port Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
white4d96 Posted May 10, 2009 Author Report Posted May 10, 2009 Ok, do you think 3" would be too small? I'm worried about port noise down low. Subs are 2 Alpine S-10's, in separate chambers, about 1.5 cubes per. Current tuning is 34Hz with a 3"x9" tube per. Down low I get what I think is port noise from outside when the trunk is popped, not so noticeable from inside. Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.