Second Skin Audio

Box Size And Ideas For Two Fi 18 Bl's

rcmobile

i finally got the BL's in, i now am working on ideas for the box to go into the back of an 2003 tahoe.

i was given some idea's at the FI forums basicly a box with the port all the way across the bottom,

48 wide 36 deep and 21 high. so that would make the port 46.5 wide 5 high and 22 deep

any one have any other ideas i should do. i want it tuned at about 30 hz

here is what was posted and wondering should i go ahead and build. but i see meade and others have a huge square port so should i? and if so how big do i make it?

" these are inside specs"

If you have a router and can bevel the inside edge of that port I'd make it more like 22.5 because my bit that rounds the edges takes off almost a 1/2inch. If you don't plan on doing that then you're fine with 22. The whole port is really just adding one more board to get the top of the port (in this case 46.5x22).

With the port 5"hx22dx46.5=

2.96cubes of port from the internal dimensions of 46.5x19.5x34.5=

18.1cubes internal gives you a net around

15.14, then just subtract the sub displacement and whatever bracing you decide to put in.

Too lazy to look up the bl displacement, but I figure the 2 subs is somewhere near 1/2ft, so that will leave you with about

14.5 after bracing. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but that's a pretty close estimate imo.

I agree 100% on that double baffle, I said something about that in the post that messed up last night.

Go to the pic of my single btl box that faced back and look close at the surround- because of how bad it flexed with single baffle it actually would blow the rubber gasket out weird under high pressure-now that box had some flex.

Good luck, be sure to post some pics on how it goes!

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

Archived