To make a long story short... I had $506.73 in my checking account. I wrote a check today to get my car fixed from where it was vandalized for $500 as my deductible for my insurance company. Leaving me $6.73 in my checking account. Bank of America(my bank), does a thing called "keep the change".... basically when you use your debit card your amount rounded to the nearest dollar, the change, goes into your bank account. (I.E I spend $5.95 at walmart... $.05 goes to my savings as the extra change). So... keep the change amounted to $1.19 which left my CHECKING account at $5.54. Bank of America charges $5.95 monthly since I dont direct deposit my checks into my checking account....

All in all im being charged $35 as an overdraft fee because of some stupid fucking "saving program" my bank does to help people. Gee thanks bank of america.

/end_rant

Edited by SplPhreak

Wow....

I know with my bank I have overdraft protection on my checking account so if I run out of funds it draws what is needed from my savings.....then I don't get slapped with an Overdraft fee....

Might want to see if they offer that....

Seems the both of us is having bad banking issues this week!

Edited by HPI_Savage25
Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

That would be the reason I switched. It happened to me 3 times and I was slapped with those charges everytime. I once had to pay 150 in overdraft charges. Left my account with 10 bucks in it. Didnt use my bank account for 3 months and I finally went to check and make sure I had 10 bucks in there still, negative 150.... I switched after that. I suggest you do the same

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

That would be the reason I switched. It happened to me 3 times and I was slapped with those charges everytime. I once had to pay 150 in overdraft charges. Left my account with 10 bucks in it. Didnt use my bank account for 3 months and I finally went to check and make sure I had 10 bucks in there still, negative 150.... I switched after that. I suggest you do the same

what bank did you switch to?

I looked around at all the national banks and honestly found the best place to bank locally. Just a small bank in my home town. Take a look at those man. They have treated me excellent for over a year now and I have no plans to change.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

I agree that local banks are the best way to go. I was at 5/3rd Bank, RG-Crown, and South Trust (All the same location but kept changing names). I got tired of them changing and increasing fees so I went with a local bank.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Just got 140 in overdraft fees, went and bitched and they gave my money back.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Last time I accidentally over drafted, I had protection with student checking. So it pulled all my pennies from keep the change I had, which covered around 7 of the 10 dollars I had over drafted. Then they just charged me 10.00 as the protection fee and my direct deposit hit the next day. USUALLY they'll pull your savings first and if it's sufficient they won't bother you... Sounds like a shitty situation that you are experiencing. My folks are with wachovia... I myself have a chase account with a rewards credit card that I love! Chase would be the bank I recommend!

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Wonder if I can do that :pardon:

It'll work, especially if they get monthly fee's off of you. Usually it depends on how long you have had the account with them. An whether or not you threaten to cancel during the conversation with them. I pay no monthly fee with student checking... I somehow just got the hook up as far as my account goes. Been having it almost 2 years now, good luck with your situation. The last thing they want to do is lose money though.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex