Sundown Audio

Is This A Amp Problem?

fullergoku

I have a T30001 BD amp running 2 DD 3512 that was fine up until about a month ago. Then I started to have a sound that comes from the subs that sounds like a test tone. It starts after it plays for about 20 minutes anyone every have a problem similar to this if so what was it?? More info it's in a 2005 Ford Expedition factory head unit going to a 360.2 running the T30001 BD and a T15002. The only way to stop the sound is to cut the truck off or take power away from the amp.

DA KINGPIN

It kind of sounds like alternator noise. its makes like a whining noise. does the pitch of the noise change when you rev the truck?

Check your grounds one of them might have came loose and that your rca cables arent too close to your power wire.

I hope this might help some

xa-1.gif

It kind of sounds like alternator noise. its makes like a whining noise. does the pitch of the noise change when you rev the truck?

Check your grounds one of them might have came loose and that your rca cables arent too close to your power wire.

I hope this might help some

Thanks for the tip man. The Power wire is run under the vehicle to the rear then comes in and I made sure the rca cables were ran on the other side but I was thinking along those same lines that it had to be a ground or rca letting noise in somewhere and come to think of it did change when I parked the truck the noise went down some.

DA KINGPIN

yea check out your power wire / rcs situation first. but if that doesnt work make sure all of your rca's plugged into the 360 are in tight. i had the same problem when i installed the 360 the first time. one of the rca's wasnt all the way even tho it felt like it and i got a humming noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys did some more trouble shooting and changing things like RCA cables, ground the amp to another spot but none of it eliminated it. I then was messing with the controls on the amp and noticed when I move the mode switch to slave it eliminates the noise if I move it away from slave the noise is back. So far for the last 2 days have left in slave mode and no noise any idea what's wrong?

DA KINGPIN

Archived