Catalytic Converter With O2 Sensor...

just take a stock cat and gut the inside. They can't tell from the outside if you do it right.

i might just leave the 1st cat alone but the 2nd one near the rear...there is no sensor near it just the one at the front, im thinkin about taking it off and gutting it to c how it sounds with the muffler i just got put on today...

Picture135.jpg

Picture136.jpg

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

I feel you man I just finished my Automotive training, about a year ago, right now I am finishing getting the rest of my ASE certifications, so I can be ASE master certified.

yeah its cool.. might just get my degree in automotive technology too since only i got 2 more class to take for that degree.. nicee.. how many ASE cert do you have right now?

People do it by having a car that isn't OBD-II, or converting the engine management so it is pre-OBD-II.

Also: If you want to avoid hassle at visual inspections, just take a stock cat and gut the inside. They can't tell from the outside if you do it right.

yes but you are not gonna be able to convert an OBD II car to OBD II.. i mean its possible to do but if the smog tech is smart enough, it would not pass.. and those that dont know, OBD II was issue by the government for the 1996 and newer vehicles...

and yes.. you can gut the inside cat, but when running the smog test, its not hard to tell if your cat is gutted or not... by gutting the cat just save you hassle from the Po-Po for illegally modding your exhaust system..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

i might just leave the 1st cat alone but the 2nd one near the rear...there is no sensor near it just the one at the front, im thinkin about taking it off and gutting it to c how it sounds with the muffler i just got put on today...

if im not mistaken, i think your referring to the resonator... you can take that off.. that was put on by the factory to reduce the noise from the exhaust system..

btw.. what kinda car is it?

Edited by Ipod

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

Yeah, sniffer test won't tell lies.

In some cases, certain counties within your state may not require a test. My brother has an Integra that he converted to OBD-I to turbocharge it, and he registered it for use in a county where his buddy has a cabin (in WI you can register a car to your address, then you pick the county where it will be used most) and they don't require tests.

And Street, if you only have one O2 sensor before the first cat, it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't gut or remove a cat that has an O2 after it.

Too many projects, too little time...

your referring to the resonator... you can take that off.. that was put on by the factory to reduce the noise from the exhaust system..

my bad not an exhaust expert...well is it possible to gut the resonator? is it like a cat with parts in it that break when hit hard or is it like the inside of a aftermarket muffler (pipe with holes in it)? Easier to gut it or just have a piece of pipe welding in its place

edit: its a 99 Chrysler Cirrus 6cyl 2.5l

Edited by Street

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

Yeah, sniffer test won't tell lies.

In some cases, certain counties within your state may not require a test. My brother has an Integra that he converted to OBD-I to turbocharge it, and he registered it for use in a county where his buddy has a cabin (in WI you can register a car to your address, then you pick the county where it will be used most) and they don't require tests.

And Street, if you only have one O2 sensor before the first cat, it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't gut or remove a cat that has an O2 after it.

yup each state/country is different.. im in cali so the restriction is crazy..

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

yeah its cool.. might just get my degree in automotive technology too since only i got 2 more class to take for that degree.. nicee.. how many ASE cert do you have right now?

yes but you are not gonna be able to convert an OBD II car to OBD II.. i mean its possible to do but if the smog tech is smart enough, it would not pass.. and those that dont know, OBD II was issue by the government for the 1996 and newer vehicles...

and yes.. you can gut the inside cat, but when running the smog test, its not hard to tell if your cat is gutted or not... by gutting the cat just save you hassle from the Po-Po for illegally modding your exhaust system..

I got 5, Steering&Suspension, Engine Rebuild, Brakes,Electrical,Heating and AC, Right now I am working on getting the Engine Performance,Auto Transmission, and Manual Transmission.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

my 95 truck the cat was clogged so i had it cut out. no downstream o2 sensor = no code

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

my bad not an exhaust expert...well is it possible to gut the resonator? is it like a cat with parts in it that break when hit hard or is it like the inside of a aftermarket muffler (pipe with holes in it)? Easier to gut it or just have a piece of pipe welding in its place

The resonator is just there to alter the tone of the exhaust and has no other function.

Translated: RIP THAT 'ISH OUT!!!

Too many projects, too little time...

im not an expert either, but im just going by what i am taught and experienced.. to be honest, i havent look inside a resonator before so i cant say.. why dont you just remove it and do whole new pipping from cat back? the muffler will be a little louder without it.. i suggest you keep the resonator just in case its gets a little too loud for your own liking..

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio