Jump to content

Not Sure If It's Logical But Need A Second Opinion


louisvilleboy07

Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have 2 6x9's in my rear deck i don't know anything about modifying a rear deck but i want to put 5 holes in my rear deck 4 for 4 HIFONICS Zeus ZXi6.5C 6.5 speakers 2 on each side and a 1 hole for a port to the trunk in the middle i was going to do that by cutting holes in the deck now and then put MDF wood over top of it and cutting the same holes out of it do you all think that this is doable or is there an easier way i can go about this?

Posted

Well my first question is why so much rear fill? My opinion would be 2-61/2"s in each door with tweet would give you way better sound quality. I did a 4-6" rear fill when I was first getting into car audio not knowing anything about front staging and I went to a show and the first thing the judges told me was I should have put those speakers in front of me(kicks or doors), and I was like damn! why didn't I think of that?

Posted
Well my first question is why so much rear fill? My opinion would be 2-61/2"s in each door with tweet would give you way better sound quality. I did a 4-6" rear fill when I was first getting into car audio not knowing anything about front staging and I went to a show and the first thing the judges told me was I should have put those speakers in front of me(kicks or doors), and I was like damn! why didn't I think of that?

Yea i was thinking about doing 4 on the rear deck and 1 in each door but since i heard that i'll probally just do 1 in all 4 doors and just 2 in the rear deck

Posted

You can do 4 in rear deck if you like tho... then set in each door.... Run a 4ch @ 2ohms per channel.. 8 Sets.. Or 2 4ch amps all @ 4ohm if you want more control.. Whatever your preference

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...