Sundown Audio

Need Help!

Guest Nismofreak

Guest Nismofreak

Okay needed to make a post. Okay I Don't get it how you tune your amp. Here is for subs http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5090.html. Here is the amp http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6336.html.

Okay DOn't understand what Sub sonic is, Bass eq, Low pass, and phase. Please help me out. How do you tune these settings.

Edited by Nismofreak

a subsonic filter is basically a highpass filter designed to cut the lower freqs. below what usefull. For example mine is set at +/- 20hz which means I am cutting out the frequencies below 20 hz which takes stress of the subs and amp.this amps is adjustable so if you have a ported box cut the freq about 2-5 hz below port tune. This will keep your subs from overexcursion and can dramatically increase the amount of power you can safely give your subs

A low pass filter does the same thing except it keeps higher frequencies from playing through your subs giving a cleaner sound by playing just the freqs a sub is designed to. usually set around 80 - 100 hz.

the bass eq allows you to boost the bass gain at a set freq on this amp you can gain upto 18 db at 45 hz think of it as a spike above the other frequencies at that 45hz.

And phase is allows you to change the phasing to see if it helps in bass response in car.

All of these things are to help tune your bass to what sounds best in your car to your ear.

Edited by AP Zoutes

Guest Nismofreak

I still don't get what phase means I understand all the rest thanks for the explanation. I have a question about how by tunnign can I blow up the sub.

Edited by Nismofreak

I don't really know how to explain it. Maybe someone esle can. I know what it does just don't know how to put it into words. Once you have it in your car you can switch the phase and see if it sounds better. It reverses the movement of the cone. So where the cone is normally moving out then in it reverses it to move in then out. Maybe someone can explain it better. It's something to mess with once it's in the car. The switch was put in place to make it easier to change the phase. You can do the same thing by switching the terminals on the speaker. So hooking up + to the - and - to the + manually changes the phase. Which is what the switch in the amp is doing for you.

Dam your on my tail :D . I'm happy to say I'm sick again and I'm not kiddin.
Nismo, 8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day! drink more water! you gotta build up that imune system before you can build up your car audio system! LOL when your not sick, your always catching up on school work! for that you need to call Sylvan learning center... J/K mang!

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=