2006 Chevy Equinox Transmission Problems.

alright well my father has a 06 chevy equinox and today he called me up and said when he puts it in drive it doesn't go anywhere. well i went and looked at it and when putting it in reverse it has a hard clunk but then its fine backing up. but putting it in drive it doesn't go anywhere the check engine light is on, power decrese light and traction control light is on. now im pretty sure its obvious his tranny is bad. but why? its an 06 and he hasn't had any problems with it before. he has been in an accident before on the same side as the tranny but it never effected it.

I hate to bring this back up. but it happened again but i was able to get it to go away so i could get to a OBD II reader. well it threw 5 codes. P0120- TPS/Pedal position sensor a circuit malfunction, P0171- System too lean bank 1, P0700- Trans Control System Malfunction , P1125-Manufacturers control fuel error metering, And P2138-TPS/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D/E voltage correlation. Now thats pretty damn bad for a 2006. Im going to start with replacing the Throttle Position Sensor first and see if that helps any. But Anyone know what all im looking at here?

sounds like u might have a wiring problem.... u did say it was wrecked right..... i would start by checkin that cause changin sensor cost shit loads of money and time hate... my 98 s10 throwed the same codes and all 5 in fact and i changed all kinds of sensors brain ect and it was a couple wire that was goundin out....just keep us updated on what u find out!!!

Warranty?

I'm waiting for a call back now.

sounds like u might have a wiring problem.... u did say it was wrecked right..... i would start by checkin that cause changin sensor cost shit loads of money and time hate... my 98 s10 throwed the same codes and all 5 in fact and i changed all kinds of sensors brain ect and it was a couple wire that was goundin out....just keep us updated on what u find out!!!

alright i appreciate it. if its not under warranty then i guess ill go on the hunt.

Archived