Second Skin Audio

Grand Prix '97-'03 Body Style, 2 15s Do-able?

well..I have a 2006 Grand prix...and I can just barely fit my 13.5s in there. The Max Height for my box is maybe a hair over 16". I really think you would have a hard time with the 2 15s....ya know ..maybe a Fiberglass box would help...but it still might be tough and EXPENSIVE

hey before you just go to 12s look at the JL 13W3's they are really nice..I just sold my 2 to get a 13W7

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

well..I have a 2006 Grand prix...and I can just barely fit my 13.5s in there. The Max Height for my box is maybe a hair over 16". I really think you would have a hard time with the 2 15s....ya know ..maybe a Fiberglass box would help...but it still might be tough and EXPENSIVE

hey before you just go to 12s look at the JL 13W3's they are really nice..I just sold my 2 to get a 13W7

well im looking into a sundown 3500d so any of JL's product would get fried

...Maybe build in the trunk, shallower box taking most if not all of the trunk with subs firing up? Don't know if that would work or not but it's an idea...Just make sure that the subs won't hit anything.

thats prolly what ill have to do. i have 2 15" fi bl's and id rather just use those instead of selling them for cheap just to waste more money to buy something else.

I have a 2002 grand prix gt 4 door and im running into the same problem. my seats dont fold down and i wanted to put 4 12's but that idea is toast. its tough just to put 2 twelves in there. But, yeah, once you actually get the box in, you actually have room.

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

You can also put the extra battery in the spare tire compartment and make a false floor. I seen that in the member builds section for a grand prix.

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

I have a 2002 grand prix gt 4 door and im running into the same problem. my seats dont fold down and i wanted to put 4 12's but that idea is toast. its tough just to put 2 twelves in there. But, yeah, once you actually get the box in, you actually have room.

if i actually built the box in the trunk, how big of a box do u think i could fit? cuz i was shooting for 7 cubes. idk if that is realistic though... if only SUVs got the kind of gas milage that cars did, id just roll with a suburban lmao.

Take measurements of your trunk and calculate the volume in the trunk from there.

CLARIFICATION EDIT: What I did for the trunk of my '96 when calculating trunk space was I split the trunk into two rectangular parts (thats just how it ended up; try dividing the trunk into rectangular parts to make it easier to calculate) then find the length, width and height of each rectangle. multiply LxWxH to get volume, then combine them together and thats the maximum volume you can get from the trunk, barring displacements and added volume from the spare well, the deadspace around the wheel wells, et cetera...

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

You can also put the extra battery in the spare tire compartment and make a false floor. I seen that in the member builds section for a grand prix.

well if it comes to it i might just end up doing that. after all, if i build the box into the trunk, i wont be able to get the spare tire out anyways so i might as well take it out

Edited by grizzleyadams69