Hi, this is my first "real" box build ever.

Box is 66liters net, so about 2.5cuft, ported and tuned to 36hz

Subs will be Spl Dynamics XTR-300D4 12"s ( http://www.spldynamics.fi/xtr-sub/xtr-300d-2.jpg ) with Focus acoustics FX-1500D amp.

And the car is Volvo V70 TDI -97.

Some pics

Some 1inch chipboard

DSCN0324.jpg

Screw holes

DSCN0325.jpg

progress

DSCN0329.jpg

Port progress

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

Test fitting aluminum piece

DSCN0333.jpg

Say what you think so far.

Im 17yrs old beginner so dont be hating much :P

More pics coming tomorrow.

Edited by co0123

looks good so far but dont use you age as a crutch if you know what i mean (not hating) its your first real box but anyways looks good and just wondering if your going to fiber glass the inside of the box over the metal or no

and p.s. most people are cool on the form so you dont have you worrie about getting basted to much

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

looks good so far but dont use you age as a crutch if you know what i mean (not hating) its your first real box but anyways looks good and just wondering if your going to fiber glass the inside of the box over the metal or no

and p.s. most people are cool on the form so you dont have you worrie about getting basted to much

Yeah i know what you mean and im not using it as a crutch, just wanted that you guys know my age :unsure: . I know 17yrs old can be skilled too :) (Im lucky because my father is really into this build and he helps and teaches alot with the wood work)

And yes, im going to fiber glass inside the box and make it smooooth :)

Edited by co0123

Yeah i know what you mean and im not using it as a crutch, just wanted that you guys know my age :unsure: . I know 17yrs old can be skilled too :) (Im lucky because my father is really into this build and he helps and teaches alot with the wood work)

And yes, im going to fiber glass inside the box and make it smooooth :)

cool but ya its great if your dad helps and teaches a few thing my dad still helps me with my build and just to throw it out there i turned 18 in march

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

lookin' good. keep it up.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D