Sonic Electronix

Sounds like youre suffocating those subs. Try and buil a Ported box for just Two of em.. I bet the output would be like night and day

well i bought all 4 so decided i might aswell use them know what i mean?.. i just want the loudest system i can get. i can also sell the 4 cvrs for 375.. a friend will buy them.. and i can buy 2 l5's 12s for 240.. so would it be better to sell all 4 and buy those 2 then build ported box for them?

Would 2 ported subs sound louder then 4 that dont have enough air? cause im pretty sure i can get at least 3cft and not sure if thats enough for a ported box? for 2 l5's?

yea ima try to make it a 4cft box since each sub needs at least 1cft.. but my transmission is getting rebuilt atm and cant make measurements right now.. all 4 subs are currently in a box with only 2.6cft of air and they sound good. but i know once i make a bigger box they will sound much much better...

i don't know much about the subs you got but i had my 2 10's in 1 cft sealed box was ok then put them in a 1.6cft sealed box and sounded alot better now they going into 2.6 cft ported box and hoping they sound even better, i would say try and do the max cft the subs are rated for if they say max 1cft per sub 4cft box should make them sound really nice, might be better if you could go even bigger? i'm not sure i've always stuck close to what the sub was rated for :)

well not really.. since its in a single cab truck.. and i dont want to do a blowthrough and have limited space.. wish i could..

i also have a single cab truck. if u got 4cuft to work with. do 2 12'' subs on more power ported or a solid 15'' ported. but i would go with the 2 12s ported.

i had 4 shallow mount pioneer subs in my single cab truck back in the day, then went with Fi 12''BL on 1000rms ported in 2.5cuft. slapped the shiz out of the 4 subs.

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i also have a single cab truck. if u got 4cuft to work with. do 2 12'' subs on more power ported or a solid 15'' ported. but i would go with the 1 12s ported.

i had 4 shallow mount pioneer subs in my single cab truck back in the day, then went with Fi 12''BL on 1000rms ported in 2.5cuft. slapped the shiz out of the 4 subs.

sorry to sound like an idiot but are you mikehonda123 (from youtube) or something like that?.. i just want the loudest system i can get.. i could sell my subs and have like 400$ to work with for an fi sub but not sure if its too big and wont fit behind my seat?

ported > sealed ../thread

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Im just sayin.... Youll save money, get the output you want, and have two extra subs to sit on.

Its what I would do...

But hell, whatever you decide, its all good. SMD is here to help :D

thanks for the help so far B) i just want a loud system because i know theirs something better then what i have just not sure if i should go with 1 12 ported that is rated at around 1800rms so i could run my amp at 1 ohm (i know hifonics is over-rated) so im guessing something like that would be real loud?