What Would You Do?

Which would you do?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you do?

• 4x 15s
    • 6x 12s
    • 8x 10s
    • 8x 8s

No matter wut the setup..i will be feeding them between 1500-2000 watts. I can fit all of these choices just not sure what I want. And I would think every choice would still have the wow factor. So...what would you do? I doubt many will choose the 8s but i figure most people think 8s cant sound good. Throw some E8s in there on 1500 watts..im sure i could turn heads. Just different.

Edited by kfx450r

No matter wut the setup..i will be feeding them between 1500-2000 watts. I can fit all of these choices just not sure what I want. And I would think every choice would still have the wow factor. So...what would you do? I doubt many will choose the 8s but i figure most people think 8s cant sound good. Throw some E8s in there on 1500 watts..im sure i could turn heads. Just different.

So the total power to all the woofers will be 2000 watts? what sub brand are you planning on going with,sorry just would like some more info before I vote.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

It all depends. Im trying to keep it around 1500-2000. the 15s would be something like Type Rs..the 12s would be RE SRs probably..Maybe some RE10s. Or i wouldnt mind having 8x sundown e8s..4 on front mounted regular and 4 on top inverted. Either way there all gonna be getting around the same wattage. Its all a throwup at this point. Just not sure wut to do.

I was sorta leaning away from the Type Rs..as 4 new 15s would cost me over 800$.any of the other setups would run about 350-400 for the subs. And this is still somewhat of a budget build plus having 4 inverted subs on top the box and 4 regular facing forward intrigues me :)

Also..just did some calculations. If i get 12x RE10 subwoofers. I can put about 2000 watts to em safely..and still build an enclosure and have room to spair. Have 8 on the front and 4 inverted on the top..with ports on the side. 12x 10s..now were talkin. Only problem is i imagine that box would need an assload of braces.

Edited by kfx450r

It all depends. Im trying to keep it around 1500-2000. the 15s would be something like Type Rs..the 12s would be RE SRs probably..Maybe some RE10s. Or i wouldnt mind having 8x sundown e8s..4 on front mounted regular and 4 on top inverted. Either way there all gonna be getting around the same wattage. Its all a throwup at this point. Just not sure wut to do.

I was sorta leaning away from the Type Rs..as 4 new 15s would cost me over 800$.any of the other setups would run about 350-400 for the subs. And this is still somewhat of a budget build plus having 4 inverted subs on top the box and 4 regular facing forward intrigues me :)

Also..just did some calculations. If i get 12x RE10 subwoofers. I can put about 2000 watts to em safely..and still build an enclosure and have room to spair. Have 8 on the front and 4 inverted on the top..with ports on the side. 12x 10s..now were talkin. Only problem is i imagine that box would need an assload of braces.

Then I pick the 10's, especially if there is 12 of them, and I am sure there are people on here that will help you design a box as well as the bracing needed for the box.

Edit: So for 12 10's you would need a 12 cubic foot box, 1 per sub, what vehicle are you putting this in?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

I'm torn between the eights and the tens. I would say if you could do like ten eights that would be amazing, but I don't know what kinda space you're looking at. Also, I'm not 100% sure on how the setup you mentioned would sound...that being said, I'm still really new to audio so don't mind my opinions.

Too many projects, too little time...

Thanks for the replies! Heres a quick visual of the box i designed for the 10s.. The volume after sub displacements but before port displacement is 12 cubes. The re10s require .65-1 cube each.This is in an ext cab truck..box goes to halfway up rear window..so still can see behind it. And its designed so the subs wont hit my seat and can still sit comfortably. This design has 8 on front and 4 on top..preferably having the top 4 inverted would be sweet..and 3x 6" pvc ports on each side of the box..equalling about 170 sq inches of port. My only concern with this is..theres only about a half inch on each side of the box before my DOOR appears lol..so the ports will be extremely close to the door not sure if thats bad. After bracing and port i think id be down close to 10 cubes. If i need i will make it a few inches taller..hell maybe even a wall if its for 12 10s..Point being i have the space..the bracing is gonna be a PAIN tho.

untitled-8.jpg

Edited by kfx450r

Thanks for the replies! Heres a quick visual of the box i designed for the 10s.. Before any displacements its 13.2 cubes. This is in an ext cab truck..box goes to halfway up rear window..so still can see behind it. And its designed so the subs wont hit my seat and can still sit comfortably. This design has 8 on front and 4 on top..preferably having the top 4 inverted would be sweet..and 3x 6" pvc ports on each side of the box..equalling about 170 sq inches of port. My only concern with this is..theres only about a half inch on each side of the box before my DOOR appears lol..so the ports will be extremely close to the door not sure if thats bad.

untitled-8.jpg

Ya that probably wouldnt be very good, I like to have about 5-6 inches of clearance in front of my ports.

I say do 9 12's of the same sub, just take off the last far right row of 3, then you will have that area for a port

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Yah..And theres no way around the port issue with 12x 10s..I could still do 8 of them..and put the ports on top. Another option could be 10x 8s..I could fit them all on the front and put the port on top. Not sure what 8s i would use tho..maybe e8s if i culd find 10 of them..