I have a 97 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd, I've always wanted a lifted a truck so I want to turn it into a prerunner cause selling it to get a 4wd is out of the question. I want to lift it 4 inches up front, 2 inches in the back on some 32" Toyo Open Countries since it's my daily driver too. Fiberglass fenders and 4.10 gearing. Probably lockers later on.

My question is, I take the interstate everyday to get to college and it already has fun running 80 stock. Will the re-gearing supplement for the power loss, what about gas milage. If not what are some other things I can. I don't really want to put any bolt on parts or cat-back on it cause it's a 4 Cyl.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 97 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd, I've always wanted a lifted a truck so I want to turn it into a prerunner cause selling it to get a 4wd is out of the question. I want to lift it 4 inches up front, 2 inches in the back on some 32" Toyo Open Countries since it's my daily driver too. Fiberglass fenders and 4.10 gearing. Probably lockers later on.

My question is, I take the interstate everyday to get to college and it already has fun running 80 stock. Will the re-gearing supplement for the power loss, what about gas milage. If not what are some other things I can. I don't really want to put any bolt on parts or cat-back on it cause it's a 4 Cyl.

Re-gearing will be your best option for gaining your power back, unless you swap a v8 in haha. I have a jeep with a 4 banger and I lifted it and loss a ton of power. I changed my gear ratio from stock (4.10) too 4.88's. It made a huge differents but only in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. once i hit forth not much power. and when i come to a steep hill i have to down shift. So in my opinion gearing your truck will be a must. As far as gas milage I highly dought you will get any better then what you get now. just my two cents tho

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

• 2 weeks later...

honestly if it isnt 4 wheel drive there isnt any point in lifting it and putting big tires on it... unless its just a body lift...

i have a 95 toyota tacoma 4wd with the 2.7 twin cam.... i have a 6" dropbracket lift and a 4" body lift.... with the 4:10 gears.... it hauls ass in 1st,2nd,and 3rd gears but once it goes into 4th and 5th its a complete turd.... i have problems mainaining speed on the highways when the wind is blowing towards me and when im going uphill... but alot of it is because of my tires... lt325/60's on 18" rims...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?