Jump to content

Amp Not Needed For Mid's & Highs?


Audioenigma

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

Thanks for checking out this post.

I am a new member and I am totally confused of RMS-Ohms-Max Watts etc.

Five years ago I wanted some nice sound in my SUV so I got rid of the stock cd/stereo and purchased an Alpine unit.

I had the stock speakers removed and had 4 Infinity 5"X7" reference speakers installed in the four doors.

I wanted a little bass so I had one 10" Infinity sub with box mounted in the rear.

The amp for the sub is a (2 channel) Audiobahn A4002T

Specifications

2 X 100 WATTS RMS

1 X 800 WATTS ACH POWER

800W Max, Intake Series 2-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Output:

100 watts x 2 chan. @ 4 ohms

200 watts x 2 chan. @ 2 ohms

400 watts x 1 chan. @ 4 ohms Bridged

Max Power Output: 800 watts @ 2 ohms

Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry

PWM MOSFET Power Supply

Semi-double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board

4-way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload and DC Offset

Air Induction Cooling Fan

Cobalt Blue Illumination

Speaker level (high-level) inputs

Preamp outputs

Nickel-Plated Block Terminals

Optional Remote Bass Control (Audiobahn ABR100T sold separately)

Optional Remote-mount Digital Volt-meter display (Audiobahn ADM100T sold separately)

Variable Bass Boost Control: 0-18dB @ 45Hz

Variable Low-Pass Crossover: 50-120Hz

Variable High-Pass Crossover: 50-750Hz

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB

Frequency Response: 10Hz-40kHz

Variable Subsonic Filter: 20-50Hz

THD: 0.02%

Phase Control: 0 or 180°

Input Sensitivity: 200mV-8V

The only thing the amp is used for is the sub.

Over the years I have heard some awsome sounding systems and figured I needed to get an amp for the (4) Infinity

reference speakers to make the mids and highs more noticeable.

My wife purchased a (2 channel) Sony xm-ZR1252 amp for my birthday.

I was told that the Sony was known to run HOT and having 4 speakers (2 front)+(2 rear) I was told I needed a (4 channel) amp.

I have been checking out the 4 channel amps for 3 days. And will be taking the 2 channel amp back for a refund tomorrow.

I am interested in the Kenwood KAC-X4R 1200W reference amp.

Today I stopped in to an auto sound installation store to have some questions asked about the specifications of the KAC-X4R

(Watts @4 Ohms and Watts@2 Ohms) to the 4 speakers. I am totally lost with the technical stuff.

The sales associate listened to my system in the car and after he turned down the bass to the sub...told I had plenty of mid's and high's and a 4 channel amp. would not make much of a change in sound unless I had component speakers with (seperate tweeters) etc.

He also said that maybe that the bass was turned up all the way and it was drowning out the mid's and highs.

I thought to myself -what is the need for the sub if the bass is cranked down.

Could one of you Pro's fill me in with any advice if I would have better sound with an amp for the 4 Infinity Speakers.

I am looking for a nice sounding system and as you can tell I am totally confused

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Audioenigma - Rick

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1021 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...