Single Cab Truck

well i currently have 4 kicker cvrs and plan on selling them and buy either 2 12'' level 3 dc subs or a 15'' dc level 4xl not sure which would be better but which way should i have the port firing?.. because the box would be like 1-2 inches away from the backseat.. so i was thinking about it firing up toward the ceiling but would that be effective and how would i create the box?

I'm looking at getting a single cab truck soon so I'm sort of planning ahead, and personally I think a blow-through would be best, but I don't know if you'll be willing to cut your truck up a bit for a bigger sub box.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I'm looking at getting a single cab truck soon so I'm sort of planning ahead, and personally I think a blow-through would be best, but I don't know if you'll be willing to cut your truck up a bit for a bigger sub box.

no a blowthrough is out of the question lol although seems really interesting. I am really set on either 2 12's or a solid 15'' and dont know on which way to have the port face.. i heard you should have at least 5 inches between port and anything it will hit? not sure if that is currect though.

Think about external ports yet? I would imagine that'd be the easiest route but I don't know how much room you're playing with.

the length i have is 61'' the bottom is 11.5'' the top would be 7.5'' and thats at 13.5'' high.. (side looks liek a triangle) not sure if you know what i mean hope you guys understand though?

Edited by 1976 Silverado

no a blowthrough is out of the question lol although seems really interesting. I am really set on either 2 12's or a solid 15'' and dont know on which way to have the port face.. i heard you should have at least 5 inches between port and anything it will hit? not sure if that is currect though.

It was worth a try lol....yeah, I read that somewhere too but I'm not sure how much space you would need either, but since you have a single cab I highly doubt that you would have enough room if you face the port towards your seat unless you have bucket seats and you do the two 12's then you could do a center port, but if not then try the upward port or like the other post said (the one after my first one) try external ports.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

the length i have is 61'' the bottom is 11.5'' the top would be 7.5'' and thats at 13.5'' high.. (side looks liek a triangle) not sure if you know what i mean hope you guys understand though?

I know what you mean, and that just reminded me of amost of the pre fab truck boxes and I just wanted to throw if out there so here it goes, the pre fab box I saw was a buddy of mine's kicker box and his box had the port coming out of the side, so that's another option.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Well both call for 3 cubic feet and that's roughly what you have before displacement or everything, let me see what I can do.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I know what you mean, and that just reminded me of amost of the pre fab truck boxes and I just wanted to throw if out there so here it goes, the pre fab box I saw was a buddy of mine's kicker box and his box had the port coming out of the side, so that's another option.

well the 61'' would mean the port would be like 3 inches away from the cab side... gah hard to understand and its dark out so cant take pics to show.. my truck has like a weird groove in it that adds an extra like 3 inches on each side and i think port should have around 5'' before it comes into contact with anything?

Well both call for 3 cubic feet and that's roughly what you have before displacement or everything, let me see what I can do.

ok thanks alot man! its hard to make noise in a single cab and especially with a bench seat! i think it would be better for me to go with the 2 level 3 12's since it would be more cone area and would be better aswell?