I just received an order, from China, of 100 blue LEDs with the required resistors. they are rated at an MCD: 7000 TYPICAL/10000MAX.

Last time I got 50 of them, they were pretty damned bright. Lit up my dash pretty nice.

Now, what should I do with 100 of them? Any ideas for an Astro? I've already got 20 white ones for my dome light. Not sure how the dash lights would look with blue, since some of the lettering on in the instrument cluster is blue or black.

Don't really need to add any more for my alarm indicator as my outside door mirrors take care of that.

Hmmmm.. Maybe I can light up some tarantulas (Soundstream logo) in each back window. That may look alright, but I was thinking about doing thst with red LEDs and wiring them to my brake lights.

I just don't know. What do you all think?

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

you should look over at tccoa forums, me and a couple others are doing blue SATCs, shift selectors etc....there just seems to eb a bunch of LED stuff there.

ummmm.... why do you need 20 for a dome light? you can buy festoon bulbs from superbrightleds.com, I bought one that has 6 SMD LEDs in it, and its plenty bright....20 will be like daylight.

Also your getting them from the wrong place if they are only 7000mcd, the ones I got are 13,000mcd blue.... the whites are brighter.

I got them at at nice price. Was like $5 for 100 with free shipping/handling. Couldn't complain with that.

Why 20.. hehe. Well, the dome light is actually something I picked up from home depot. Its supposed to be for the house. The adapter for it even stated 120v AC. I decided to try it one day on 12v and it worked great. doesn't look the best since I haven't done the fiberglass headliner project yet.

I want it to be daylight in the van. The white ones will eventually be wired to my accessory output wire on the alarm and a led strobe controller. So they'll strobe when the alarm is set off.

I might start working on an underbody kit, but will need 10 times more leds than I have right now to make it look decent. Guess I need to start visiting Oznium again.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia