Sonic Electronix

Ok this morning my friend was going to hook up my system cable to the alternator instead of the battery. But he couldnt get the alternator off so we left the power on the battery. and since that morning all day the battery has been draining little by little and now my car is completely dead i did manage to pass it current with my friends truck but it just kept dying out. can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Could it be the 2 15' Kickers with a 750.1 Kicker Amp?

Or is it maybe that he possibly lossened the alternator is it the battery?

could be a few things

A. Your amp is staying on and is slowly draining your batt

B. you unplugged a wire harness from the alt causing it to not charge, so it drains

C. Something is physically wrong with your alternator

put a dmm on your batt when the car is running, should be around 14.4, if not somethings up with the alt

oh, if you tried hooking the power wire for the amp directly to the alt without the car running you probably f'd up the alternator

Edited by Chris from Mi

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Check and see if it's the amp staying powered on when you turn the ignition switch off. Check the plugs on the back of the alternator and check for contact with the battery post on the alternator as well. Most likely it's the remote wire on the kicker amp.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

because they had told me that if my amp was clipping it was becase of the battery and it would be better to connect it to the alternator

Do you have a stock battery? First I would get a good starting battery(I prefer XS Power), then do the Big 3 in 1/0, then you should have plenty of current to feed the amp. As far as clipping I could tell you but I am sure someone else on here can give you a more detailed run-down than I can.

Edit: From my exp. the most of the people that want to connect there amp directly to the alt. want to basically get a direct shorter path for power to flow, which may be true to an extent, however the alt does not have any reserve for you to play with when you are pulling power from it, so it could be damaged by running the amp power wire directly off the alt, if you exceed the amperage of the alt, so the best way would be to have a good quality battery up front, and run you equipment off of that, just cause one way is a shorter path with less connections does not always mean it is a solution to your power draw problems.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.