Painting Parts!(dash Painted!)

Guest Nismofreak

Yah I painted my parts last week. How does it look. I had a question on clear coat. Do i put it on after painting or before?

Posted Image

Sanded down with 250 grit ready for primer

Posted Image

Primer goes on

Posted Image

Paint goes on its shinny

Posted Image

Now the problem when does the clear coat go on?

The clear goes on AFTER the paint.

The trick is finding a good aerosol clear if you don't have a paint gun and compressor set up.

If you must use a spray can clear, and I do sometimes, here are 2 thjat I use and work good. And when they are cured, you can wet sand them just fine.

Posted Image

It is a 1k clear. Meaning it is 1 part. Fan pattern spray and lays on thick.

Posted Image

It is an Alsa spary can. They fill it with whatever you want. They offer it in 1k and 2k. 2k means it has a hardener. You push a button on the bottom, it punctures the hardener inside, shake it up, and spray it. You only have 1 use, but it is great. pricy though.

Neat thing is they offer ALL KINDS of paint in this can.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Guest Nismofreak

So I gotta sand after the clear coat with a 600 grit and paint it again? Sorry just wonderin so I don't mess up.

I might go with the first product you listed. Sorry for askin man just wanna do this right.

Plus where can I buy the U-pol stuff?

in his how to, it says to paint it, as many coats as you like. then if you see anything wrong or imperfections to wetsand with high grit, 600 grit he specifies. Then after you wet sand to apply the clear coat.

So with that said, i would say you do not sand after the clear coat, nor do you apply any more paint coats after clear coat

Baylor University

Accounting

If there are flaws in the paint, then sand them out and make sure you clean it really good.

You should spray the clear coat on and do a few coats. No color goes on after the clear coat. After the clear coat has cured, if you have an orange peel look to it, you can wet sand that with 1500 till all the shine is gone. Then wet sand again with 2000. Make sure not to dig through the clear coat. Then you have to get some polish and buff it back out to a shine.

It's alot of work, but done right, it will make the interior.

I have to order the U-Pol from the paint supply shop. It is the best 1k clear I have found in an aerosol can that is compatable with most any spray can color.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Guest Nismofreak

Okay so here is a upddate on the panels. I was sanding until mother nature deicded to rain. F<CK Mother nature. I will finish it tommorow with more pics

Posted Image

Archived