Kicker solo x 18s spl

Once again I have a question. My box is around 15 cubes after displacment. And I have it tuned to around 32hz. I want to do a swapable port. max deminsions for port are........

7"=w

18"=t

27"=d

I am looking to tune one for daily and other for spl. I know what the daily one needs to be what should the spl one be tuned to. Im confused cause every site is telling me diff deminsions. Any help would be great. Also this is for 2 solo x 18s.....

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

• 4 weeks later...

i did a streat-beat box for a guy awhile back for 1x18", box was tuned to 35Hz for a daily driver but still put up a 148.7dB on term-lab so can still get a pretty decent spl on both. gotta watch displacement of port, when you change size of port you change net displacement for your subs because of size taken up by the port itself.

for a straight SPL box your tuning is goign to be WAY higher for easyer notes, if playing a test-tone around the 43-48Hz range tuned with a peak around 50-58 should give you your max SPL on a note but if playing music (bass race etc.) you'll unloaded the woofer from lower freq.

what kinda vechile is it in? do you know your car's sweet-spot for freq?

www.myspace.com/Sadmule

Manager/Installer @

Custom Acoustics

116 E Church ST

Marshalltown, IA 50158

12+yrs installing

System of the Month! Come vote on the 20th!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=51696

Here is my install for the running

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=50210