Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Diamond Audio or Fi Please Help


hdrox88

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I have been doing lots of searching here and on another forum and cant find quite what I'm looking for. I am about ready to pull the trigger on new sub(s) but cant decide. I am stuck on 2 Diamond D615 or 1 Fi Q15. I know more subs is supposed to be better but I am still unsure. I like to crank it up but I like it nice and clean. I'm not sure if 2 D6 would be too much, for me and my daily anyway.

So far my system contains a Pioneer HU, 4 Polk MM571 pushed by a T400-4, and a Boston G510-44 pushed by a T500-1bd. I have a yellow top, but more power and ground cable as well as a HO alternator are in the plan. I am looking for more on the low end. I will be adding to what I have already. Depending on the sub(s) I will be getting a T1000-1bd or a T1500-1bd. I have a Ranger Ex cab and my Boston just doesn't put out like it did in my civic coupe.

Any help is appreciated. If I missed a thread with this already answered please link it. Thanks.

Posted
Hi, I have been doing lots of searching here and on another forum and cant find quite what I'm looking for. I am about ready to pull the trigger on new sub(s) but cant decide. I am stuck on 2 Diamond D615 or 1 Fi Q15. I know more subs is supposed to be better but I am still unsure. I like to crank it up but I like it nice and clean. I'm not sure if 2 D6 would be too much, for me and my daily anyway.

So far my system contains a Pioneer HU, 4 Polk MM571 pushed by a T400-4, and a Boston G510-44 pushed by a T500-1bd. I have a yellow top, but more power and ground cable as well as a HO alternator are in the plan. I am looking for more on the low end. I will be adding to what I have already. Depending on the sub(s) I will be getting a T1000-1bd or a T1500-1bd. I have a Ranger Ex cab and my Boston just doesn't put out like it did in my civic coupe.

Any help is appreciated. If I missed a thread with this already answered please link it. Thanks.

If you are gonna run the Boston with the 15" subs, I recomend setting the boston sub to play midbass like in the 65-120 Hz Range, if it is set the same as the 15's they will tend to cancel eachother out and not sound very good.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted
If you are gonna run the Boston with the 15" subs, I recomend setting the boston sub to play midbass like in the 65-120 Hz Range, if it is set the same as the 15's they will tend to cancel eachother out and not sound very good.

Yes, that is exactly what I plan on doing. Sorry didn't mention that.

Posted

Also are you getting the Diamond Audio subs online, cause from what I have seen, there are no authorized online dealers, so there is no warranty that comes with them, unless wherever you are planning on getting them offers their own warranty, as far as Fi goes they are a proven company with great products, I believe either set-up you go with will sound great and get plenty loud, I have never heard the diamond subs personally, but I have heard the Q and it sounded really nice, and got pretty low.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

Yes, from ebay. As far as warranty goes for diamond, I would use Square Trade. I had a previous T500-1bd go bad on me and they gave me money back no problems. Cheap price for warranty too. I believe Fi backs their own stuff right?

Posted
Yes, from ebay. As far as warranty goes for diamond, I would use Square Trade. I had a previous T500-1bd go bad on me and they gave me money back no problems. Cheap price for warranty too. I believe Fi backs their own stuff right?

Yes Fi has its own warranty, they also do recones so if it were to blow for any reason, you could get it reconed

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

Anyone heard both of these subs? I heard an old M615 in a sealed 2cu.ft. box. Sounded decent but not quite as clean as I would have hoped. I think it was only getting 400 rms though. How do the old M6 and newer D6 compare in sound?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8951 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...