Sonic Electronix

How many screens you put in? A couple brands need a bypass Pioneer Alpine. The Panasonic in

my Ram is grounded at the harness with head unit and it plays fine. Wont work anyway??? IDK

where your getting your info but I have put quite a few screens in vehicles and other than a few brands

all I have done with parking brake wire was ground it. None of them have had any problems.

Aint trying to start nothing but I personally have had zero problems grounding the Brake wire..

how many screens probally about 100 and the guy has a dual indash the only way to get the screen to come on is to set the brake release it and reset the brake and hope it comes on because they suck and dont always come on!!!and yes my avic n1 can be grounded and it works alpines and pioneers you can buy bypasses for in fact on the certain pioners all you have to do is move 1 wire in the harness to a certain emty spot and it bypasses it some like panasonic and other cheap indashes can be grounded and work fine but either way a toggle switch should be used because in most states it is illeagal to have on while driving. just because i havent posted on here much in a few months dont mean im a noob. :good::ph34r:
smdsig2.jpg

how many screens probally about 100 and the guy has a dual indash the only way to get the screen to come on is to set the brake release it and reset the brake and hope it comes on because they suck and dont always come on!!!and yes my avic n1 can be grounded and it works alpines and pioneers you can buy bypasses for in fact on the certain pioners all you have to do is move 1 wire in the harness to a certain emty spot and it bypasses it some like panasonic and other cheap indashes can be grounded and work fine but either way a toggle switch should be used because in most states it is illeagal to have on while driving. just because i havent posted on here much in a few months dont mean im a noob. :good::ph34r:

Don't get your panties in a bunch man. My questions to you

were serious. I was wanting to know what was up and where

you were coming from. I said IDK about why it wouldn't work

just grounded out. I've done a bunch of installs and my

wholesaler ain't ever sold dual there cheap shit is jensen.

Just ground em out. But the cheap Panasonic your talking bout

was cheap I only paid 150 for a brand new 7003U I wasn't

gonna pass it up. Your second explanation was better. I was

just trying to help the dude. And I have only been on here a

couple months Im a noob around here. LOL

so basically its just a on and off switch for the reciever. turns it off when you want to?

Here's a pic of mine.

It was just sitting in my room so I thought I would make it useful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

the guy has a dual indash the only way to get the screen to come on is to set the brake release it and reset the brake and hope it comes on. either way a toggle switch should be used because in most states it is illeagal

Sucks it didnt work Sonoma knows your Dual.I would read what he said about

the brake set Unset and then set again. Use a toggle switch.

i tried just grounding mine and it didnt work either. get a toggle and you will be fine. works like a charm

Soo they said any switch would work...can I make one out of a small night light. Or would

another type of switch would work?

Soo they said any switch would work...can I make one out of a small night light. Or would

another type of switch would work?

It would be easy to just go get a switch like the one I used (its in the pic) and its not that expensive, I think I got mine for like $5 (AutoZone).

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

It would be easy to just go get a switch like the one I used (its in the pic) and its not that expensive, I think I got mine for like $5 (AutoZone).

ok i got the switch..so the neg and pos. wire from the wiring harness. and that parking break wire from the reciever goes to the switch?

Posted Image

ok i got the switch..so the neg and pos. wire from the wiring harness. and that parking break wire from the reciever goes to the switch?

Posted Image

DONT PUT THE POSITIVE WIRE TO THE GREEN! IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR NEW HEAD UNIT!!!

The picture above shows that you basically add a switch into the wire that goes to your parking brake(GREEN) and then take the end of that wire and splice it to JUST the ground wire(BLACK).

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Archived