Second Skin Audio

i need your opinnion on my design...

Rogers

ok so i still havent decided what type of enclosure i want to do... i made a design for my 93 chevy lumina for 4 12" alpine type r's for the trunk but i have some concerns... ok the box is 5 cubes after vent and woofer displacement.... so that gives each woofer 1.25cuft net each... and i have 70.5sqin of port.... the box will fit in the trunk just fine but this is as big as i can go... i feel like the subs would perform better in a larger enclosure.... plus im not positive how great the airflow to the cab of the car will be with such a large enclosure....

the only other thing i can think of to do would be to build a wall and give the woofers the space and vent size that they need to perform at their best... but im not sure that 4 12's is enough cone area for a wall...

obviously we all hate the which would be louder thing... so im going to try to stay away from those exact words...lol.... i need your opinnion on which type of enclosure will give me peak performance and be more likely to put the better numbers up while sounding fantastic....

please dont bash on my subs, i know some of you dont like them.... but i do..... and also dont just say to do a wall(just so you can be cool)... i want good quality opinnions and explanations for your opinnion...

and just for your info... i plan on giving these woofers rated or above rated power.... which is around 500rms each...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Wall gonna be louder of course.. The right airspace and port area like you said..

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

well, the spec on the subs is .6 - 1.25 cubes per sub...so you should be good there.

port area should be pretty good also.

If you have time and the energy build the box and try it with subs/port firing forward and then back. Although I believe back will be better for SPL.

my buddy is about to play around with a temp box to decide how he wants the next box to be built.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

well the alpine manual says 1.3cuft vented per sub for optimum performance... i just feel like the box in the trunk is just pushing to the extreems and it would do better in a wall.... the wall would be built basically the same way that the box is just bigger... and then ill make trim pannels to go around the box to fill in the space around it... and then ill glass it to make it look like one solid piece...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

go for it.....remember to post pics :)

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Archived