Sonic Electronix

first and foremost, hello to all of the members on this site i have been looking on here for about a week and finally decided to sign up.

ok so i am really new to the whole car sound system setups, but i am trying to learn and i am a fairly fast learner i just ask a lot of questions. right now i have a basically all infinity setup. i have 6020cs components in the front panels 692.7 6x9 speakers in the back panel (i think that is the correct model number) and then i have a 1252w infinity 12 inch subwoofer in the back powered by an alpine mrp-500 amp.

for right now i am content with what i have but i was told and i also know that my amp is more powerful than i need for the sub i have an i am basically not using the amp to its more full potential so i was curious about possibly upgrading to a different 12inch sub. i like SQ but im also interested in SPL. i was looking at the fi q series 12, but i was wondering if the amp i have would sufficiently power that?

i am open to suggestions and would love to hear what all of you experienced audiophiles have to say.

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

I am not familiar with you amp, so I can not give any suggestion there.....but DC subs are also worth looking into. and Welcome.

but I dunno, if that amp will be enough for the Q's

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

I have a Boston Acoustics G5 10" DVC sub and I love it. Sounds great in a sealed box. You could look into the 12" version. The G5 line was discontinued recently so you might have to look a lil bit in order to find one. I have been pushing mine with 600 rms @2ohm for over a year now and still sounds great.

Sub is 450 rms by the way

Edited by hdrox88

The alpine mrp-500 is a 300wrms at 4ohm and 500wrms at 2ohm so do you think the fi q 12inch would be ok? I see that it has a 600wrms. I'm also looking into a 4 channel amp to power my speakers also. Like I said I'm happy with the 1252w it sounds great and has more than enough power I just am looking to more options for an upgrade within the month or next couple months

Thanks for the quick responses guys like I said I appreciate any knowledge

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

I think it was the audioque street version (sorry if this isn't the exact model name) that was 600wrms. The fi ssd has a 800wrms.is that too much over what my amp puts out?

The 6020cs is 90rms and the 692.7 are 110 rms towards the question for the amp strictly for my speakers

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

It depends on the actual output of your amp. Does Alpine include a birthsheet sheet with the amp? My Rockford is rated at 500rms at 2 ohm, but my birthsheet says 614rms at 2 ohm. I would rather over power my sub a tad instead of under power, but that is just my opinion. I am not bashing Fi but may I ask why you keep picking them with your amp?

As for the mids/highs. Is there a certain brand or price range on a 4ch amp?

i have just read around a lot on here and people seem to really enjoy the quality of the fi. however the audioque ive heard good things about also. ill look for the birthsheet to see the actual number. the amp puts out 500rms x1 at 2ohms according to the box but ill check to find the sheet.

as for the amp, i want to stay as close to 300 and under as possible. but no real brand preference as long as it does the job.

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

look at the Diablo audio Hellrazor 4125...it is pretty beefy and does not really cost that much. I plan on getting that eventually.

the Fi Q's are 1000 Wrms and the SSD's or 800 Wrms.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

your amp might be a decent match for the SSD's, probably just one though. my buddy had 4 in his trunk with a matts amp that was rated at 500rms and he hit a freakin 139.? at 34 hurts from the trunk. pretty nice.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg